Airport Goodbyes | Muke

Michael
You're 15

The last few weeks have been spent on tour with your older brother, the day you were due to fly home arrived faster than you thought it would.

Michael drove you to the airport, helping you carry your bags in to check in, he was strangely quiet.

"Hey, Mikey.. You okay?" You asked, placing your hand on his arm. He shook his head slightly, staring at the floor.

"It's just I'm gonna really miss you, it'll be ages till I see you again and you're not just my little sister, you're my best friend." He said his eyes filling with tears.

"Mikey, I'll come out again soon, I promise you. You're taking on the world, living your dream. I'm so proud of you"  you rested your head on his shoulder, sitting in a comfortable silence.

Your flight was called, you stood up and looked at your brother sadly. He stood up, engulfing you into a hug.

"Ring me when you land, okay? And we'll Skype everyday?" He said, you knew he was getting upset. He felt like he was missing you grow up, even if you were 15.

"Of course we will Mikey, I'll miss you"

Your flight was called again, final call. Mikey let you go, and watched you walk away. You turned back with a small smile and waved, which he returned.

He slumped back to his car, heading to meet up with the rest of the band. Maybe they could cheer him up? Goodbyes were always the hardest for Michael, especially when it comes to the person who means most to him, you.

Luke
You're 20

You were a few years older than your brother Luke. Despite the few years between you, you were both close. He was your best friend and not just your little brother.

You finished your studies finally, you'd been studying hard to get into the career you've always wanted to do and now it's time for a break. A gap year.

You were going travelling for a few weeks, the first place you were going to was Paris. You were flying over there with your friend.

Luke was quiet the day you were leaving, you knew he was sad about it.

At the airport you pulled Luke aside before it was time for you to board the plane. You pulled him into a tight hug, a few sniffles from you both could be heard.

"I'll miss you (y/n)" Luke finally said.

"I'll miss you too, but I promise we'll talk everyday. I'll be home soon, okay?" Luke nodded in reply. A final call was heard for your plane, you ran to say goodbye to everyone else before Luke.

You hugged one more time, whispering in his ear. "This isn't goodbye, okay? It's see you later. I love you little Man"

And Luke stood there and watched his sister and best friend walk away for the next few months.

--

Ok wow I posted a Cashton one of this so long ago? Like lit months?! I thought it was time to post the Muke one😂

I went and saw "Me Before You" in the cinema and it was brilliant, I cried hella hard. Although the book made me cry more. Have you read or seen it?

QOTD: if you've been abroad (out of your country), where have you been?
AOTD: Oslo, Brussels, Lanzarote, Majorca (I think that's the right one?). I don't know if Scotland would count bc IM from the UK but I've been there.