He Won't be Home for Christmas | Cake

Luke
You're 13

Watching the weather forecast closely online with your parents, you could all only hope Luke would come home. Flights were being cancelled all over the place, Luke was currently in the UK, but the weather had taken a turn for the worst - strong winds, rain, thunderstorms..

His flight was meant to be today, he was meant to be here by tomorrow. You hadn't seen him in a while, and you missed him. You just wanted to be able to hug your older brother.

The phone rang, your mum quickly answered it.

"Luke, any news?" She said. You didn't know what was being said on the other line but you could guess. The disappointment on your mums face said it all.

She handed you the phone, telling you Luke wanted a talk with you. Taking the phone you went and sat in your room.

"Hey Luke.." You said.

"Listen (y/n), I don't know if I'll be home for Christmas now, it's looking so unlikely. I'm so sorry, I miss you." He said sadly. Tears filled your eyes, and fell down your face.

"I miss you too Lukey, so so much." You said sadly. You heard a sniffle on the other end, and a voice saying 'don't cry mate, we'll make it somehow' - you knew by that point Luke was crying.

"I'm gonna do everything I can to get home, I promise. I might not make it for Christmas Day, but I promise you, I will see you before this year ends. I'm gonna go, figure out flights from around. I love you"

"I love you too" and with that you both hung up. You could only hope his promise would happen.

Calum
You're 7

You missed your older brother a lot, he was always away touring. Touring meant he was busy, when he called you never really got to speak to him. Did he even love you anymore? Is a thought you've wondered many of times.

He was never home for anything, he missed your first school performance, you reaching finals in a dance competition, your birthday and much more. You thought he'd be here for Christmas, you had a glimmer of hope within you.

Your mum called you into the study room, where she was on Skype to Calum. She called you over and you sat on her knee.

Calum looked as though he was upset, maybe even crying.

"Hey Squirt!" He half smiled. "You doing good?"

"Yeah, I miss you though! But you're home soon!" You grinned.

"A-about that" he said his voice cracking a little. "I can't make it home for Christmas Day, I'm so sorry." A tear fell down his cheek, he was broken to not be able to make it home.

"No! You're lying!" You yelled, looking between Calum and your mum. Both with similar looks on their face. "No!" You jumped off your mums lap and ran to your room, heartbroken your brother wasn't going to be home for Christmas.

---

I entered this competition to win a signed 1D tee and I won! I literally screamed!

Hey Violet followed me the other day too and so did Louis' sister last night,

Hope you enjoyed this :) xx