Trafalgar D. Water Law[The Drug]

It seemed almost ridiculous to think that you could be dying.

You were young, beautiful, lively and vibrant.

There was no reason you should have been dying.

Since you boarded the Heart Pirates' ship as a young apprentice, your life had been one hilarious and intense misadventure after another. So when Law pulled you aside that morning, you knew in your heart that it was nothing serious.

But your heart was just the problem.

Apparently, for the past few months, you had been growing a tumor on the internal wall of your heart. Law told you that you would need surgery, medicine, and rest, and even then, there was no positive answer on whether or not the cancer would come back.

"Had we caught it any later," Law pulled on some latex gloves after marking something down on a little notebook. "You would be dead."

"Dead?" your voice cracked. "But I feel fine!"

"The symptoms of this particular tumor don't really show up until a week before death occurs," he pushed himself over to you in his office chair. "Pull off your shirt."

You felt your neck heat up but did as he said, throwing it down beside you. He then placed a gloved hand on the spot between your breasts and massaged your swollen, dying heart. He examined it a bit longer before pushing back away to his notebook, "And as it happens, open heart surgery requires a week to prepare."

"So how long?" you said leaning forward.

"Without the surgery, you would've had about a month, tops," he crossed his legs and leaned back. "But, since I am your doctor and your captain, I advise you to do the surgery so you can continue living your miserable little life on this miserable little ship."

You laughed a little, smiling at Law. You reached over to pull your shirt over your bra when he said, "Don't put your shirt back on yet."

"Oh? Why?" You began putting your shirt back down.

"I'm not done looking at your breasts."

Your entire face was twisted in appall and embarrassment. Law laughed, and you tugged your shirt on. "Captain, you're the worst."

"So ________," Law dug through the cabinets and pulled out a medicine bottle. "In this bottle, is your medicine for the next week, you take one every night. Take with food and water, and limit drinking for a while. A little is fine, don't end up drunk. This will be in preparation for the surgery. After the surgery, you will be enclosed in my room for the next two weeks-"

"Why your room?"

"I don't want you in the infirmary, too many people coming in and out. It's necessary that you are healed completely before engaging in battle again, so we're laying low until you are healed. You're room is too close to the entrance, and you'd be captured immediately if you stayed there. It'd be bad if you were held hostage, considering how fragile you'll be," Law began pulling down stacks of books about open heart surgery and what to expect. Apparently, it had been a while since he'd done this specific surgery.

"Captain?"

"Yes, ________?"

"May I ask why you're being so.... nice about all of this?"

Law looked up from his book and said, "Because, ________, I find myself in a position.... similar to that of a parent or older sibling.... Since you've come aboard, I've been weary about letting you off the ship, or even to fight. But you became a valuable asset, and I respect you." Law walked over to you, and rested his hands on your shoulders. "I believe you have the potential to be a great pirate, and I don't want to see that chance squandered by some tumor."