Chapter 29

BEN'S POV

I woke up in bed next to Dawn, who was curled up against a pillow. Still human. I wasn't sure what Becca and Jeff did after I left to go to bed, but I heard lots of laughter and teasing. Its good to see them getting along after what happened. It was about, 4 am. Still early. It was no use going back to sleep. I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. I went into the kitchen and poured cereal, sat at the table and began eating. Jack came down, He's usually up early, along with Masky.

"G' Mornin." He nooded, putting his mask onto the counter.

"Morning." I said, scooting up futher into the chair.

"So. Are you and Bec gonna be partners?" He asked, searching for something, most likely left overs from his last hunting spree.

"I suppose. Jeff wants to take her sometimes too." I shrugged.

"Ohh?" Jack teasingly smirked.

I laughed, taking another spoonfull.

Dawn came down, her normal shoulder length hair tied in a messy pony tail. Her eyes groggy.

"Just wake up?" Jack said. And of course. Being his smart ass self, was teasing. Always teasing.

"Oh shush..." He crossed her arms, stepping into the kitchen closer.

Jack giggled and pulled out his obvious food of choice.

"That's nasty." Dawn shook her head and looked down at the ground.

Jack glared at her, deciding to ignore it. He sat down at the chair next to me, resting his head in the palm of his hand.

"What's this?" Dawn asked, picking up Jack's mask from the couter.

"Mine. Don't break it..." Jack's voice deeped towards the end.

"Geez, don't get your man panties in a wad I won't." She rolled her eyes, studying his mask.

I nearly spit out my cereal laughing so hard. I laughed even harder when Jack just sat there with a 'What the hell?' Expression written on his face.

Dawn smirked and tried on the mask.

"Look! I'm Jack! I meanly tease people and laugh about it. Did I mention KIDNEYS?!"  Dawn laughed. Prancing around pretending to be Jack.

Jack looked down trying not to pay any attention to Dawn. It may seem mean but Jack's hilarious when he's pissed. Dawn giggled and sat down, on the other side next to me.

"I'm just kidding, Jack." She giggled. Still not taking his mask off.

Jack jaw lossed a little. And he began his breakfast.

"You seem to be in a good mood?" I smiled.

She looked down and nodded.

"And why?" I asked.

"Nothing!" She looked to the wall and tenced up.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I asked, growing suspicious.

"I'm gonna go wake up, Becca..." She said, sliding Jacks mask to him, sprinting through the door.

"That's was weird..." Jack said.

I nooded. Not taking my glare off the door she left out of.

BECCA'S POV

Hands gripped around my shoulders shaking me up. I groaned turning over to see Dawn.

"Ugh. What?" I whispered. Not wanting to wake up Masky, or Hoodie.

"They asked why I was happy... Should I tell them?" Dawn asked, confused.

Well... That woke me up.

I shook my head. "No, remember Masky said no, and we did it anyways. Maskys lead proxy. He obviously knows the rules and we probably broke the most important one..." I trialed off.

"So... I lie?" Dawn asked.

I nodded. Dawn sighed. "What if the find out...?" Dawn asked, popping her knuckles.

I swung my sheets back and climbed out.

"They won't.... Jeff wouldn't tell. Besides Jeff can lie well." I assured her.

Dawn nodded. "So.. Lets go to the kitchen with Jack and Ben?"

I groaned complaining "Sleeeeep."

"Ugh, wake up!" Dawn said, pulling me to the door.

I knew Dawn wasn't a good liar. I wasn't sure what happened to disobedient proxys and I'm not sure if I'll ever want to...

Sneaking out seemed like a big deal of some sort... Like if a humans parent's caught them, they'd probably be grounded, or get a loved item taken... I could see the difference between that, being a 'killer' would make a big difference being caught in the over realm. Especially because it could not only put me in danger. But nearly everyone here.

I had to do it for Dawn though... After all she'd done for me. I had to help het sneak out, and see her brother. Her little brother, Jayden, who was 11 now. She had missed him, we made a plan to go out once every week to see him... The only thing is, he doesn't know its us. Because we have disguises.

Jeff also helped us last night. Because Jeff knew a lot more about the portal's and getting around then I did.

------------------------------------

SO Big news! I'm doing a sequel to this, only it will focus mainly on Dawn and Becca... The pastas will still be in, it will just have more of their lives before and after. (:

I think that will be pretty fun to write for me and read for you guys.

Update soon.

xx