Chapter 54 -

Mayor Hopkins finishes reading the names. I keep trying to call Klaus, but he just isn't answering.

Alaric: Stefan, we are past the point of Hail Mary phone calls. What do you want me to do, stand here and watch him die, or force-feed him the cure?

Suddenly a high-pitched noise causes us all to clutch our heads in pain. I quickly put my barrier up. Aja and the other dead witches approach us.

"Remember us?" Aja asks, casting spells that hurt us, until suddenly Klaus shows up, throws a cap like a disk at Aja and it beheads her. Her headless body falls to the ground and the noise stops.

"There are plenty more of these to go around. Who's next? I can do this all day." Klaus smirks, I smile at him, he's here.

**

"How'd you get here so fast?" I ask him.

"I was already on my way. Elijah told me that you were awake, and I received your graduation announcement. I assume you're expecting cash?"

"That, or a new car."

"Well, I've got you something better." He holds out a box and I open it.

"I lost this when I was five...how did you?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out. I had a witch charm it as a daylight bracelet." He smiles. I kiss his cheek.

"Let's get out of here before twelve angry hybrids come." I smile, taking his hand.

"What college are you going to?" he asks me.

"I'm not going to college just yet, I'm not deciding just yet."

"What do you want to be?"

"A doctor like my mom."

"Good choice." He plays with my hair.

"Do you know how weird you sound?" I question, laughing.

"Be lucky you see this side of me, not many do."

"I'm holding you to that promise you know, you're showing me the world."

"I'll take you, wherever you want, Rome, Paris, Tokyo." I giggle at his words.

"And I'm going to enjoy showing you it. Where do you want to start? Venice, Rome, Dublin?" I giggle at this.

**

I enter my apartment. It's all boxed up. Ruby and Jasper went to stay with my Uncle Radley in Saskatchewan where they're safe.

"Who boxed it all up?" I wonder aloud.

"That would be me." Somebody grabs my waist, kissing my neck.

"Nik, you did all of this for me?" I question.

"Of course." He grins, "While you were at the airport taking your siblings to Saskatchewan, I got bored so I did it. What do you plan on doing?"

"I'm leaving Mystic Falls. I'm hitting the road and I don't plan on looking back. Not yet. You can come with me...or you can stay here. Your choice." I smile weakly as I grab a few boxes, loading them into the car.

"Maybe I should come for the summer. Have some fun." He smirks, nibbling my ear.

"It would be a lot more interesting with you." I turn around, my lips meeting his.

**

And that's a wrap! I told you, I'm being productive. I'm also kinda upset that it's finished.