Chapter 43

'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets, and you'll be owning all the fines.'

Birdy – Skinny Love

S4 E14

*Jasper's POV*

"Ah, come on!" I shout, trying my hardest to move the cure. It just won't move.

"There's got to be a way to do this without raising him. We'll find a way—"

Bonnie is cut off short as a man drives a knife into her back. She falls to the ground. He then throws Jeremy against the wall, hitting his head and making him fall to the ground, unconscious.

"Don't listen to them, boy. We have to raise Silas, and we have to do it now."

"What are you doing?" I watch as he slits his wrist and pours his blood on Silas.

"What you shoulda done already. I'm gonna raise Silas. Then I'm gonna kill him." I punch him in the face and he gets me into a chokehold.

"You're a bit confused, Mr. Martin. We're on the same team here."

"You hurt my friends!" I snap.

"I don't mess around with witches and Mr Gilbert is the weak link, but you, you've got potential."

"You can't use the cure on Silas."

"It's what it's meant for!"

"What else would you use it for?" He retrieves his knife from the ground and nods knowingly. "Your friends...Your sister...Sorry, lad. It wasn't meant for that. Nothing personal." He bends down towards me but Scarlet throws him away. She's about to snap his neck. Thank the lord that she's here! I know my sister will save the day, she's strong and powerful.

"Don't! The hunter's curse!" I shout, remembering about that silly curse. She pauses and instead throws him to the ground, apparently unconscious. She helps me up.

"You okay, Jasp?" I nod, hugging her. I go over to Bonnie, since she's hurt more than Jeremy.

"Scarlet's here now, okay? Everything's gonna be all right." Scarlet will save us from any evil that comes our way, she's amazing at this kind of stuff.

"We did it." Bonnie smiles weakly, "You're alright for a fourteen year old."

"Come on. We gotta get you up." Scarlet says.

"You have to help Bonnie. The hunter stabbed her. You have to heal her." I explain.

"Okay. I just need to make sure that you're okay first." Scarlet would never say that, she would usually be examining me like a mother, not asking...

"I'm fine. What are you doing?"

"The cure. Jasper, after everything we've been through, it's right there." She giggles.

"It'll be there after we help Bonnie and Jeremy." I said urgently, looking down at the other two.

"God, I didn't know what a brat you are." She mutters.

"What?" I ask, going over to Jeremy. God. There's no pulse. Then again, I failed health and social class.

"I'm done playing nice." She grabs me and vamp-speeds me over to the tomb, slices open my wrist and holds it over the stone figure's mouth.

"Garnet." I realise, hissing in pain.

"Nice to meet you, Little Martin, not." As I get weaker, Silas starts to move. "Sorry. Family reunion is gonna have to be cut short."

She pulls me up again and sinks her fangs into my neck, then forces me down again. The pain is unbearable. Silas' arm swings up and holds me in place. He's stiff. I can't move. Garnet sees the box containing the cure, freed from Silas' grasp, and takes it, vamp-running out of the chamber. Silas grabs my throat, strangling me before snapping my neck.