Chapter 9 - I'm The Damsel In Distress

'And the day has come, where I have died, only to find I've come alive'

Marina & the Diamonds – Teen Idle

S2 E8 – Rose

I feel something crunch beside me. I pick up the scrunched up paper, opening it up.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you. –B

I smile to myself. I'll be safe.

"He's here." Trevor rushes in, looking frightened. Oh no. HURRY UP STEFAN AND DAMON. Maybe I can attempt to boil his blood and make a run for it.

"This was a mistake!"

"No, I told you I would get us out of this, you have to trust me." Rose reassures him.

"NO! He wants me dead Rose!"

"He wants her more!"

"I can't do this, you give her to him he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here!"

"HEY! What are we?"

"We're family, forever." Something slams downstairs.

"You're scared." I realize.

"Stay here with her." Rose rushes off.

*Rose's POV*

I've been alive for half a millennium and Elijah is the one person I'm scared of. Hopefully he won't kill me on the spot. The door opens, revealing the same man from the late 1400s, but with shorter hair.

"Rosemarie." Elijah acknowledges me. Ugh, I hate when people use my full name. "Is there somewhere we can talk?"

"Yes." I point to the room beside me, speaking confidently, even though I am scared as...what do the people call it in this century, scared as shit, I think? Very inappropriate language for children. "You'll have to forgive the house."

"Oh no, it's a little dirt." He replies, "I completely understand." He lets himself in, going to the old room.

"So tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?"

"I wanted my freedom." I tell him. "I'm tired of running. Are you in a position to grant me that?" Please say yes, please say yes.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet, what is his name these days, Trevor, if I so see fit."

"Garnet Martin and Katerina Pertrova." I mutter, but I know he can hear me...what is that term, clear as day.

He turns to look at me, obviously interested.

"I'm listening." He sits down.

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864, and Garnet had a daughter before she met Klaus."

"Continue."

"Katerina survived, and so did Garnet."

"Where are they?"

"You don't seem surprised." I acknowledge is nonchalant expression.

"When you called and invited me to this armpit of civilization which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I summarized it had everything to do with Katerina, but why bring up Garnet, she hasn't been seen in centuries. Do you have Katerina in your position?"

"No, we did have better, but she escaped, I have her doppelganger, and I also have the true Martin Goddess."

"That's impossible. Katerina's family line ended with her. I know that for a fact, and the Martin goddesses are extinct, the family line ended two centuries ago. I know that for a fact."

"Well the facts are wrong. If I'm telling the truth about Scarlet Martin, surely I should be telling the truth about the doppelganger?"

"Well show her to me." Elijah orders and I lead him through the dilapidated mansion.

*Scarlet's POV*

"What do you call a fake noodle?" I ask Trevor, annoying him immensely.

"Would you shut up?" he asks me.

"An Impasta. Get it? Imposter? No? Ok." I sigh. I hear footsteps and I stand up. I look up to see a very handsome man in a suit. He has chocolate brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. I expected him to be an old man. I mentally giggle. Suddenly he's right in front of me. Bloody hell. He's faster than any vampire I've ever met. He reaches down and smells my neck. Umm...creep alert.

"Human. That's impossible. Hello there." Either the earth is shaking but nobody else is affected by it because they're vampires, or I'm so frightened, my bones are rattling.

"No need to be frightened, you won't be harmed." He tells me.

The veiny skinned vampire is a sign that he's dead, but then his skin brightens, and he pulls the coatrack out of his heart. Anger is on his mind.

"Well, we have a long journey ahead of us, we must be going." Elijah snaps me back into reality. My powers are back! "One last piece of business." I gasp as he decapitates Trevor. Rose lets out an angry sob.

"You!" she sobs.

"Don't, Rose, now that you are free."

"Come."

"What about the moonstone?" I ask, buying time.

"What do you know about the moonstone?" Come on!

"I know that you need it, I know where it is, and hell, I even know where the doppelganger is." I tell him confidently.

"Tell me where it is." He orders.

"In the tomb underneath the church ruins with Katherine. Elena is in Mystic Falls also." HURRY THE BLOODY HELL UP SALVATORES!

A window smashes. YES!

"What is that?" Elijah asks.

"I don't know." Rose replies.

"Who else is in this house?"

"I don't know!" Rose repeats. Elijah grabs my arm, pulling me into the hallway. Somebody speeds around us. He pushes me over to Rose and I smirk.

"You really shouldn't have done that. This is gonna hurt." I make their blood boil, and somebody speeds me away. Stefan, my saviour.

"Up here." Stefan calls. Damn, I wish I could see what was happening right now.

"Down here." Damon's voice is cocky.

"Excuse me, to whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me, you cant. So I want the girl on the count of three, or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?"

"I'll go with you." I step out, "Just don't hurt my friends, they're only trying to help." He speeds in front of me.

"What game are you playing with me?" he asks, looking furious.

"It's called 'Kill the vampire'. Personal favourite." I snap, using the molecules to freeze time. I grab the coatrack from his hands, going to my normal place. I use them to rewind time, before using telekinesis to stake Elijah in the heart, then moving the body against the door.

"Wow, you got skills." Damon comes out, and Rose speeds away.

"Leave her, she only wanted her freedom." I tell him. "Why are you here? I didn't expect you to risk your lives for little 'ol me."

"You're our friend, we help friends out." Stefan smiles.

"I CALL SHOTGUN!" I grin.