Chapter 48

'To keep the Goddess on my side, she demands a sacrifice.'

Hozier – Take Me To Church

S4 E18

"Hey, excuse me, um...Do I have any mail today?" I ask the man.

"What happened to your hair?" The man asks.

"We cut it." Elena says.

"In the last two minutes?" he looks at me wearily.

"I was here two minutes ago?" I ask, grinning.

"Are you feeling okay, Miss Martinez?"

"Yeah, I'm-- I'm fine. Um, thanks." The man nods and walks away.

"Garnet was here two minutes ago. That means that she can't be that far. Um-how about you and I check inside. Scarlet, you look in the parking lot." Elena orders and I nod, heading to the parking lot.

I see a girl with red curly hair in a black car. I hide behind the van, watching the girl, but the girl gets out of a car and it is not Garnet. Suddenly someone grabs me from behind and shoves me against the van. Garnet.

"I'm impressed. I never thought you'd find me here. Oh, well. It's a beautiful place to die." From behind, Rebekah grabs Garnet's neck and pushes her to the ground.

"I couldn't agree more. You've chosen a beautiful place to die."

"Where's Katherine?" Elena asks.

"Garnet—"Katherine walks over to us. I smirk, making her blood boil.

Rebekah sits in between Garnet and Katherine as Elena and I sit opposite them.

"Where's the cure?" Elena asks.

"What? No "I'm here to avenge my annoying little brother" speech?" Garnet looks at the both of us.

"People die. We move on." I shrug.

"After turning off our humanity switch. So sad for the boys, though. Their special snowflake of human frailty...gone. Well, if we're gonna be a while, I'm gonna go grab some menus." Katherine starts to stand up but Rebekah stabs her hand with a fork, pinning it to the table. Katherine moans in pain and sits back down. Rebekah does the same to Garnet.

"You're not going anywhere." Rebekah grins.

"I forgot how charming you were." Katherine snarls.

"I'm surprised you remember me at all, seeing as though you were so busy wedging yourself between my brothers." The waitress stops at our table.

"Oh, my god. What happened?" she asks.

"I'm fine, Jolene. You didn't see anything." Garnet compels 'Jolene'.

"Where's the cure?" Rebekah compels Katherine since she cant compel Garnet.

"I'm sorry, I'm on vervain." Katherine smirks.

"Oh, I get to torture it out of you. Fun." Rebekah smiles.

"Why do you three want it, anyway?" Garnet asks.

"The question is, why do you want it? Let me guess, to kill Niklaus?" Rebekah questions.

"I've spend the last seven hundred years running from your big brother. I have no intention of being within sniffing distance of him. But, since it can be used against him, I'm sure he's just itching to get his hands on it. I give him the cure, he gives me my freedom." Garnet shrugs.

"Oh, you poor victim. Where the part is in your plan where you screw us over and somebody dies?" I ask.

"I have no reason to screw you over." Garnet says.

"I know you don't believe us, but it is the truth. People change. I'm not the girl you think I am." Katherina adds. Rebekah aggressively searches Garnet's pockets with vampire speed.

"I don't have it on me." Garnet smirks.

Rebekah throws Garnet's phone to me.

"I didn't think you did. But I'm sure there's something in that that can help us find it."

I find an appointment for 2PM that says "meet em"

"Who's "em"?" Elena looks at the phone.

"...A friend." Garnet hesitates.

"It says here you're meeting at two." I mutter.

"I guess I'll just have to meet this em character myself." I grin, "I am practically your doppelganger."