Chapter 1

'Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?'

Halsey – Gasoline

S2 E1 – The Return.

Scarlet was rushing around the Martin household, making sure she had everything before she spent the night in the nightmare called hospital.

"I have to get to the hospital to see Care." Scarlet said, not stopping to look at her aunt Crimson.

"I understand, don't worry honey, I've got this covered." Crimson muttered.

"Can I go to bed at ten PM?" Ruby asked, smiling innocently at her aunt.

"No, don't fall for it, Crim. Make sure Ruby goes to bed at eight or she'll be hyped up all night.  Jasper goes to bed at ten, but if he's a little bit after, it doesn't matter, he knows how to wake up in the morning." Scarlet grabbed her car keys, glaring at her little sister jokingly.

"Go and see your friend, Scar. I've got it handled here." Crimson promised.

"I'll be back soon." Scarlet left the house, getting into her black BMW and speeding out of the driveway toward the hospital.

**

When Scarlet had arrived, Bonnie, came rushing down the corridor over her and Matt.

"How's Caroline?" Bonnie asked, panic stricken her features.

"She's not good Bon." Matt sighed, trying his hardest to not cry. Scarlet could see his eyes watering, but she didn't comment on it, only held his hand out of comfort.

Have you healed her?

Bonnie asked in her mind, knowing that Scarlet would be able to hear.

No, it didn't work. Something's got to be wrong if I couldn't heal her.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, sitting down next to Scarlet, and looking at Matt.

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he—uh—he got this migraine or something—he lost control of the car and then—I thought that Caroline was fine—and then—then she wasn't, so..." Matt explained, pausing every so often to catch his breath.

"Matt, calm down. She'll be alright, I promise you. I'll go and get some coffee." Scarlet rubbed Matt's arm comfortingly before standing up.

"I'll come with you." Bonnie jumped up too, and the two friends headed to the coffee machine. Elena spotted them and grabbed Scarlet's arm to stop them.

"Hey Bonnie, Scarlet, how's Caroline?" Elena asked.

"They don't know if she's gonna make it." Scarlet sighed, "My healing isn't working, it's as if there's a block in it, and it won't heal her. She's blocking it. The only way I can heal her is if she wakes up, and even then, it might still be faulty." Scarlet was so worried, and she had reason to be. Caroline was her best friend and her first friend. She wouldn't know what to do if Caroline were to die.

"What?" Elena looked as though she was about to break down and Bonnie comforted her by hugging her. "There's gotta be something you can do... like a spell—or something?"

"She doesn't know how." Damon, a raven haired vampire, walked over to the trio, his face void of any emotion. "Do you?"

That kiss was amazing.

Scarlet raised a brow at Damon's thoughts, wondering what he had been up to.

"No." Bonnie admitted with a sigh.

"Damon, control your thoughts please." Scarlet muttered.

"Sorry," Damon mumbled, "and no, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that."

"Yeah well I can take down a vampire." Bonnie remarked, getting sassy with the blue eyed vampire. "That spell was easy to learn."

"I can give Caroline some blood." Damon offered.

"No." Elena refused instantly, "No way."

"Just enough to heal her, she'll be safe in the hospital. It'll be out of her system in a day. She'll be better Elena." Damon explained.

"It's too risky. I can't agree to that. When Caroline wakes up, Scarlet will heal her." Elena said, glaring at Damon.

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Damon retaliated.

"He's right, Eena, it's better if she has the blood and we know for a fact that she'll wake up, then hoping she wakes up and even then, I may not be able to do it. Do it." Scarlet agreed with the vampire, something that didn't happen often.

"This is Caroline. We can't let her die. Do it."

"If I do this, you and me, we call a truce?" Damon looked at the witch with a smirk on his face.

"No. But you'll do it anyway." Scarlet let out a small chuckle as Bonnie blatantly refused to be friends. "For Elena." He glared at Bonnie and it was her turn to smirk. Bonnie linked arms with Scarlet and they headed to the coffee machine.

"I really hope she'll be ok." Scarlet sighed as they got three coffees.

"She will be."

Scarlet stayed at the hospital all night with Matt and sheriff Forbes, praying for Caroline to be ok. At some point, she saw Damon slip into the room, and then a few minutes later he left, giving Scarlet a nod of confirmation.

The strawberry blonde let out a yawn as she spoke with Matt and Bonnie.

"You've both been here all night?" Bonnie questioned and they both nodded.

"Yeah, and I can't wait to get into my bed." Scarlet mumbled.

"No one else?"

"Stefan's brother Damon stopped by late last night." Matt mentioned.

"How is Caroline today?" Bonnie asked.

"See for yourself." Matt and Scarlet guided Bonnie to Caroline's room. She was sat up, awake and fine, as though nothing had even happened.

"Jersey Shore's on." Caroline grinned, back to her usual perky self.

Bonnie went up to her and gave her a hug while Scarlet sat at the end of the blonde's bed.

"Careful, still a little sore." Caroline winced in pain.

"Sorry." Bonnie apologised, a bit guilty for forgetting.

"Its okay but they say I'm healing really quick." Caroline grinned.

"My turn." Matt swooped in and enveloped Caroline in a kiss.

"Excuse me, Matthew. I am still innocent." Scarlet smacked the boy at the back of the head, glaring at him. Beside her, Bonnie let out some sort of sound.

"Oh, isn't he cute? Why are you crying?" Caroline asked, noticing Bonnie's tears.

"I'm just happy you're okay." Bonnie smiled, wiping the tears.

"Oh, I love you guys!"

"We love you."

The four of them hugged each other, forgetting all about the worries and concerns they had for what had happened. They felt happy.

(Hiya guys, if you haven't noticed, I'm editing right now. So, some of it will be good, other parts will be bad. I'm sorry if this makes you irritated, but I'll let you all know when I've finished editing.)