Chapter 4

'All we need is someone to lean on'

Major Lazer and DJ Snake – Lean On

S2 E6 – Plan B

(People have been saying that they came here for Klaus. My story isn't like other stories where they meet and hook up straight away. The stories that take time are the best stories. If you don't like it, I am sorry. Also, I've skipped some episode. They weren't relevant.)

Stefan had called Scarlet one morning, and asked for her to head straight to the boarding house before school. Scarlet had no idea why Stefan would need her, but she showed up anyway, walking straight into the house. Stefan was already sat waiting, expecting Scarlet to walk straight in.

A pretty dark haired girl was sat beside Stefan, chatting animatedly with him.

"Scarlet." Stefan greeted, "This is Alice Salvatore. My sister." Stefan introduced, "Alice, this is Scarlet. Resident goddess, as Damon says."

"Hi," she smiled and gave Scarlet a little wave.

"Hey, are you a vampire like your brothers?" Scarlet asked, even though she knew the answer.

"Obviously." She chuckled. "I'm just the best of the three of us."

"Makes sense. It's not hard to be better than them, no offence, Stefan."

"None taken."

"What brought you back here?" Scarlet asked.

"Stefan asked me to come and help with the drama." Alice shrugged.

"Anyway, I have to go. Will you two hang out here for a while?" Stefan asked and both of them nodded. "Bye!"

Not even three minutes after Stefan left, Damon came strolling down stairs.

"Ally-Cat, Strawberry Shortcake." Damon greeted.

"Jerkface Salvatore." Scarlet greeted back, causing Alice to snort.

There was a knock at the door, and Damon begrudgingly opened it.

"I need to talk to you." Jeremy spoke as soon as Damon answered.

"And why do I need to talk to you?" Damon tried to shut the door but Jeremy pushed it open again.

"Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse. He's not a werewolf yet." Jeremy revealed.

"Wait, Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf!? What else have I missed?" Scarlet stood up and made her way over to the door.

"You went on a break for two weeks, Scarlet. Of course you've missed some things." Damon rolled his eyes.

"But Mason Lockwood is and he's looking for a moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That's why he's here." Jeremy added.

"A moonstone?" Alice joined them at the door.

"Who's she?" Jeremy asked.

"Vampire sister." Damon shrugged. "I'm closing the door now."

"I know where it is, too!" Jeremy said to stop Damon from closing the door.

"And you're bringing me this why?" Damon asked, obviously uninterested.

"Do I need a reason? Look, I just want to help, okay?" Jeremy said.

"Right, and what does Elena have to say about this little discovery?" Scarlet questioned. Jeremy stayed silent.

"He doesn't know because he hasn't told her, have you?" Damon rolled his eyes at the predictability of the teenage boy.

"Well, Elena doesn't want me getting involved in all this." Jeremy muttered, trying to walk into the house but Damon grabbed him.

"And you're a Gilbert and you just can't help yourself. Wow. Your search for life's purpose is as obvious as it is tragic." Damon said.

"A Gilbert? Ouch, you poor soul." Alice muttered.

"You going to let me in or not?" Jeremy asked.

Damon rolled his eyes once more, before reluctantly allowing Jeremy to enter and shutting the door behind him.

"Right, come on, Alice. Let me take you somewhere fun." Scarlet pulled Alice out of the house and toward her car. When they were driving, Scarlet's phone rung.

"Hello?" Scarlet answered, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Hi, it's Bonnie. I'm with Caroline. Do you remember that well that we used to go to as kids?"

"The one at the Lockwood estate?"

"Yeah. Meet us there."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

With that, Bonnie hung up. Scarlet sighed and took a sharp left, turning around and heading to the Lockwood Estate.

**

When they arrived, they saw Elena wrapping chains around her body while Caroline held onto her.

"What the hell is going on?" Scarlet asked while at the same time Alice growled out, "Katherine."

"No, it's not Katherine. She's Elena. Katherine's sort of descendant twin." Scarlet explained.

"Who is she?" Elena asked, weary of the stranger.

"Alice Salvatore. As in Stefan and Damon Salvatore." Scarlet introduced. "We can all chit chat later, what is going on?"

"Stefan's down there. It's full of vervain, and the moonstone is down there, too." Elena said quickly.

"And you're sending the human down?" Alice questioned incredulously.

"Let me go down, I can heal faster." Scarlet volunteered.

"Are you sure?" Elena asked and Scarlet nodded. Then, Elena unwrapped the chains from herself and gave them to Scarlet.

"Will you be ok?" Caroline asked.

"Of course, I'm not weak." Scarlet made sure the chains were sturdy before climbing on top of the well. Just as she was about to lower herself, Bonnie ran up to them.

"What's going on? You just took off in a blur, Caroline."

"I heard Elena screaming." Caroline muttered.

"Are you ready?" Alice asked and Scarlet nodded, lowering herself down the well.

"Keep going." Scarlet called up. She finally reached the bottom and saw Stefan in a heap. He was unconscious, but she knew he'd be fine when he got out. Scarlet unravelled the chain from her body and put it around Stefan.

"Pull him up!" Scarlet shouted up and watched as Alice and Caroline pulled the male vampire up. Scarlet uses her magic to light a ball of fire above her head so that she could see.

Scarlet looked around, feeling around in the water for a stone. She felt something slide between her feet and squealed, jumping up.

"Scarlet, are you ok!?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah!"

Scarlet saw a small, wooden box floating on top of the water so grabs it.

"Lift me up!" Scarlet shouted. Just as she went to grab the chain, a snake wrapped itself around her leg. Scarlet let out a scream and kicked her leg against the wall. The snake unwrapped itself, but Scarlet hurt her leg in the process.

Alice used all of her strength to pull Scarlet up while Caroline helped.

When Scarlet got up, they all helped to pull her completely out of the well.

"My leg." Scarlet muttered. There was a deep gash just below her knee. "At least I got the moonstone."