Visitors...again.

Start from the beginning

Since she came here, it's been...refreshing. So many things she never saw--it was quite exhilarating despite her excitement. Too many things at once, Weiss sometimes got dizzy. But still, she had to look for the very thing that the key opened.

They key her mother gave her. What does it open...? It's been bothering her for quite a while now. Whatever it was, she had to find out as soon as possible.

For now, she enjoyed the scenery as the sun dunked at the edge of the ocean, smiling as she was fascinated by it. Ruby seemed to be joyful as well as they watched.

"Oh! Oh! Make a wish!" Ruby pointed the last bit of the sun dipping. Weiss didn't know why humans make wishes on that part but she did anyway.

"Let me find what I was looking for."

It was all Weiss wanted. To find what she was looking for but in all honestly, she doesn't know what it was. Whatever it was, she hopes she finds it.

Ruby smiled at her direction and hugged her for some apparent reason. Right now, Weiss didn't mind at all.

Finally, the sun vanished and the skies darkened as the last streaks of oranges and yellows stayed. It was time for them to go home.

"Shall we, milady?" Ruby stood and held her hand out for Weiss which made her chuckle.

"Of course..~" The girl took Ruby's hand and stood up, grabbing her things with her.

Ruby skipped and jumped off the rock and Weiss was just behind her. This day turned out quite well than either of them expected.

Until the waves splashed on both of them. The tides were going higher and higher which made Ruby and Weiss scamper away from the water but the mermaid new better.

"Run..." Weiss muttered in utter horror. Ruby confused, took out Crescent Rose but the other just forced it back. "Run, Ruby! RUN!!"

Weiss didn't bother with her things and stored it away in her storage before she bolted with Ruby. They ran away further from the water but something was catching up...something that wanted Weiss.

"Princess...Schnee..." A ghostly voice called which made both shiver.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Weiss took out Myrtenaster and made a full wall of ice. Twelve feet tall and a meter thick to stop whoever was pursuing them and bolted away with Ruby.

"Inside!" Ruby opened the door for Weiss at their home. They ran that far but whoever was pursuing them was still at it.

"PRINCESS SCHNEEE!!!" Another call, this time stronger and Weiss was mot determined to know who was it but she risked a glance.

Who she saw terrified her. A girl she knew too well...

"Emerald..." Before she could process what was going on, Ruby pulled her and bolted away from the shore, further in land.

"Hold on!!" Ruby ran away and Weiss did as she was told. She held on to Ruby for life literally.

Emerald Sturai. The kingdom's assassin.

Weiss had more danger than she expected.

After what seemed an eternity, Ruby came to a halt and fell on her knees, panting for air and worn out. She got them both out of danger for now.

"Ruby! You dolt! Don't do that again to yourself!" Tears stung at the mermaid's eyes, panicking because Ruby was sweating so much, still trying to catch her breath.

"Who...was...that?" She asked in between her breaths.

"I-I'll tell you later. Let's go somewhere you can rest." Weiss looked for a hotel and checked in. They were at the edge of Vale, northwest of the sea. It was a long run but no one would catch them there.

Weiss laid Ruby on the bed and got them both food for dinner and water. While she waited, she helped Ruby feel better by removing her shoes, placing Crescent Rose by the side and loosening Ruby's clothes. That way, she won't need much effort later to move.

"Weiss...what was that?" Ruby groaned after a while. Weiss helped her sit up as she wanted to.

"That...was a mermaid. She's Emeral Sturai and she's here to kill me."

That made both of them shudder.
One felt dread...
One felt worry...
Both felt fear...

"Why?" Ruby asked to break the silence.

Weiss bit her lip. Even she doesn't know why. "No idea."

"She's a mermaid...assassin? How did she reach you here in land?" Weiss didn't know to that question either.

Ruby felt awful for the girl but one thing...she wanted one thing from Weiss right now.

"Whatever happens..." Ruby wrapped her arm around Weiss, hugging her tight. "...don't leave me."

Silence.

"Why?" Tears were flowing down the mermaid's cheeks.

Ruby smiled at her and kissed her tears away. This made Weiss question herself about a million matters at once. Why did this human want her around now that she was in danger? Why? It was so confusing!

"Because I'm in your care! Besides, you're the next best thing in my life. I won't let you leave."

Weiss cried and broke down. Ruby hugged her tight the night.

Someone...someone was willing to stay. Someone was willing to have her even if she was placing that person in danger.

"That's what friends are for."
================
Boooomm!!! \OoO/ I have finished another chappie, hoomans! \>w</

Comment, vote and share this stowii plesh? <(QoQ<) Sankyuuuu~