Painting

Lucas refused to tell me where we were going but I hoped it wasnt too fancy because he looked like class and I looked like I just climbed out of a dumpster. We walked into what I could assume was his house since he had a key. It was a small simple house. His furniture was torn up and there was an ash tray in the middle of the table, surrounded by three empty beer bottles and dust. I couldnt help but feel sorry for him as I looked around. He fixed his tie in a mirror that leaned against the wall then smiled shyly and took my hand "follow me" he instructed as if I had a choice. He guided me upstairs to his bedroom. I couldnt believe my eyes. His room was small, a blue bed, water bottles placed everywhere out of laziness and socks flung in all directions. But by the end of his bed was a beautiful canvas with a flowery landscape carefully sketched across it. Only half of it was painted. He scratched the back of his head "sorry its uh...not very impressive" he sighed. I smiled at him and sat on his bed. "Its homey and comfy I like it" I chuckled. He only gave me a crooked smile that showed his all too beautiful dimples.
"Your painting its beautiful" I pointed out.
"Oh uh thanks. I couldnt finish it cause I ran outta paint buuut its fine for now." He replied. He was shyer than usual and I really liked that.
"Ok well lets get this date started" he said then dissapeared into his train wreck of a closet for a moment. I was confused. He got all dressed up I thought we were going somewhere. I looked up to see him pull a small fold up table. He unfolded it and placed it by the bed then put a small towell over it and placed a house plant in the middle.
'Oh...' I thought.
I never knew...
He left for a moment and went downstairs then came back with some sandwhiches, and a bag of goldfish. He sat beside me and was quiet for a moment and I could sense shame radiating off of him. I kissed his cheek. "Thank you. This is sweet." I commented and smiled reassuringly. He managed a smile and his eyes lit up, he was so childish and fragile.
We ate together, munching away at the goldfish and trying to throw them in each others mouths at rediculous angles and distances. He was so funny and interesting and before I knew it we were battling with his pokemon cards and soon battling physically with pillows. We ended up cuddling together in his bed. He took his tux off because it was too hot but he kept the fancy white button down he had underneath it and he kept on the pants for my sake. My eyelids slowly started getting heavy as I breathed into his chest, until I heard a sudden bang downstairs. It sounded like slurred yelling and Lucas and I looked at each other.
"Y-you better go...I dont want you to see anything." He recommended sternly.
I was silent but didnt ignore his suggestion. I sighed with dissapointment and kissed his forehead then started walking to the door. He shook his head at me. I had to sneak out the window instead...