Prologue

She lay there, withering in acute pain, shutting her eyes tighter than ever. She couldn't hold back the scream of agony anymore. She twisted and kicked her limbs over and over again.

She winced and as she rolled over ground, realizing she was lying on a swampy surface, covered with dead roots and dark, bushy grass. The nightmare had brought her to this place for a reason.

She could smell the scent of various aromas of woods lingering close. But her mind didn't bother about all these unimportant details, instead it shouted as if someone had passed a dagger through her heart. Ironic.  She thought.

She dug her nails deep into the soil and wailed awfully while feeling a burning sensation over her nape. She could not bear the pain of it anymore.

Through the nausea and dizziness, she saw something that gave her a sudden pump of fear. Her eyes were closing. And she could not feel anything.

Nothing was left except vast emptiness. The nightmare had won the battle.

* * *

Five of them waited for the new born ones eagerly. The reputation of the well-known clan depended on those three. When they would join the five, no one knew. The five, dignified members of the clan counted each day and night and were always ready to open the cavern's stony door for the diverse three new comers.

But of course that would take time. . . How long though?

The three would be too foolish to know where to go, who to trust and how to act. They needed someone to be there for them. But who?

There are too many questions and not enough answers. . .

* * *

‘’That was sick yesterday!’’ Rhys exclaimed high-fiving his friend.

‘’Yeah, I definitely will miss those Fowlers High girls’ little screams. Even they knew their school was gonna lose.’’ He laughed, returning the high-five.

‘’Seriously, we could have had them in five minutes if coach hadn’t let Harry play.’’

‘’Harry never gets to play, that’s why coach let him against Fowlers. Coach knew we’d win either way.’’

‘’Yeah, and that was a pretty sick goal you scored. I didn’t even see you touch the ball before it was in the net.’’ Rhys shook his head and sat down behind his desk.

* * *

Jordan paced back and forth in a dark room where the only light entering the room was through the tiny opening at the top right corner of his room. He wiped off a drop of sweat from his forehead and continued pacing to and fro until he heard footsteps approaching his resting place.

"Are you ready for this?" A woman wearing a long deep green velvet dress asked him.

Jordan gulped and turned around. His face reflected how scared he was, his breaths became quick in a moment and he stumbled backwards. Abelina chuckled at his nervousness, her voice like wind chimes. He stared at her sharp features and frowned when she glided closer to him.

* * *

She lay on her bed, singing along to All Time Low’s Therapy. A tear rolled down her cheek, the song was that beautiful.

‘’Hey,’’ She heard a voice through the door and then a knock on it. ‘’Mary said dinner is ready and to call you.’’

She coughed to clear her throat. ‘’Coming!’’ She replied and stood up. Clearing her throat once more, she wiped her face with her hands and headed for the door.

The door opened before she had the chance to touch the door knob, but her mind was elsewhere. She didn’t notice anything that was happening, such as the fact that she nearly missed a step on her way down the stairs or that the slippers that she had left in her room had found their way to the foot of the stairs.

All this did not capture her attention. And too right, when you live in a house with at least seven other strangers things happen.