Chapter 12- Who are you?

Yeah!

New chapter with a lovely picture of Mitchell Parker to the side. For those who don't remember, he's the jerkface who beat Chloe and tried to/ sorta did beat Mia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        

          Waking up to a small rustling was okay. Waking up to that, well that’s unacceptable. Groggily I got out of my bed and pulled my door open. Both occupied rooms across the hall were open for everyone who passed by to look in. On the left, Chris was in his room, completely clothed and drying his raven black hair. On the right, Alex was rummaging around his room, wrapped from the waist down in only a white towel. As soon as I saw him I slammed my door shut and went deeper into my room.

          I lazily made my bed and got ready for the day. When I walked back out of my room I was dressed in a turquoise sweater and skinny jeans. My hair was tied back in a bun and I thought my white socks made the rainy weather seem so much cozier. I saw Chris step out of his room and I quickly joined him.

          “Morning,” I smiled.

          “Morning to you,” he smiled back. My stomach gave a small growl and he suggested that he go make breakfast as it had been decided that I was no longer able to touch anything involving using heat. Soon we were in the kitchen eating plates of eggs and toast. Alex waltzed in a few minutes later, clothed I might add. He joined us and decided that it was perfectly acceptable to steal food off of my plate.

          “Why can’t you make your own food?” I whined. He smirked at my distressed face.

          “Because there’s perfectly good food right here,” he rationalized.

          “What are we doing today anyway,” I asked, whacking Alex’s sneaky hand.

          “We’ll probably teach you something new and then when Chloe comes back we’ll get some clothes for school,” Chris told me. I nodded remembering that Chloe was gathering her things today when we knew Parker was not going to be home.  Then we fell into a lapse of silence.

          “Oh, boys!” a pretty voice hollered. Both of my companions stiffened and swung their heads to face the door. The fork Chris had pointed towards his mouth clattered against his porcelain plate.

          “She’s-”

          “-back,” Alex finished before his friend could.

          “Boys, where are you?” the voice continued to yell getting louder by the syllable.

          “She hasn’t met Mia yet,” Chris whispered.

          “Well, she’s going to now,” Alex whispered back harshly.

          “Boys, stop hid-oh, there you are!” a startling girl smiled. She had extremely dark brown hair that looked almost black reaching down to her waist. She was at least a few inches taller than me and thin with curves in the perfect places. Her eyes were brown with a startling yellow ring around the pupil. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a natural tan poked out from her leather jacket that made her look tough. She was gorgeous that was to say in the least.

          “Hello, Skylar,” Chris smiled slightly. Alex grunted a greeting as well, clearly not excited to see her. She glided into the room and hugged the boys, who stayed as stiff as a plank of wood. She then seemed to notice me.

          “Who are you?” she wondered.

          “Who are you?” I retorted.

          “Skylar, I live here,” she said shortly.

          “Where have you been for the past month and a half,” I accused. She stood a little stiffly before repeating her first question.

          “Mia, Gabriel’s daughter,” I replied. She seemed to relax a little and said, “Oh, you don’t really look alike all you share are your-”

          “Eyes,” I finished.

          “Right,” she nodded. Turning around she said, “Well I’m going to go report to Gabriel that everything has been taken care of and then I’m going to go take a shower.” She walked right out the door leaving an awkward silence in the air.

          “Who was that?” I asked after a minute. Both boys looked at me and then at each other, as if deciding who would explain this.

          “Skylar Bailey, she works for your father,” Chris told me.

          “What she doing hear then?”

          “Nobody explained to you why we live here, did they? This house is the meeting house of the Mystical. It was built after King and serves as base for those in the organization to stop King’s wife, Cassandra King. Usually the organization consists of people affected by the attack. Skylar, Alex, and I are part of the organization.”

          “So she’s going to be staying here?”

          “Pretty much,” Alex chimed in.

          “Will she be going to school with us?”

          “No, she’s two years older than us,” Chris assured me.

          “Well, this is going to take some getting used to,” I sighed. “Who’s ready to go shopping?”

          Both boys grunted and I couldn’t help but smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am extremely exhausted. I have had a full, hectic day and I really need some sleep.  

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN! or whatever I'm sleepy.