Chapter 3-New Homes and Magic Lessons

My iPod blasted music through my ears though out the whole car ride to my father’s home. My jaw was clenched, I was pissed. My eyes fixed on the road from the passenger seat, not seeing anything or listening to the music.

He never told me a damn thing about his real job. He lied to me. He never bothered to tell me about the fact he wasn’t human. That I wasn’t completely human. He was a freaking ‘Mystical’. What does that even mean? He never told me about what he did when he wasn’t at home, when he was taking care of me! I was angry, pissed, so mad that I couldn’t think of anything but the fact that he kept that secret from me.

After clenching me fists for what felt like hours we pulled up to an old looking mansion. It had five stories and hundreds of windows. It was painted white with black lines draw around windows, doors, and balconies. Towers stood around the edges of the mansion. A stone wall ran around the property, which must be pretty big considering I had a hard time seeing the other end. Two towers stood in the front of the mansion, connected by the stone wall, each of them were holding iron gates that opened and closed for visitors after being checked by security and a phone call to my father. I was so surprised by its beauty I almost forgot about my anger towards my father. Almost.

I stepped out of the car first followed by my father, Alex and finally, Chris. Waiting there was a well-dressed woman looking to be in her mid-twenties. She had black hair pulled into a bun like Helen’s. She wore a grey blouse that puffed in the front and a black skirt that hugged her curves. Black stockings ran down her legs showing off her heels that made her figure look even better. I eyed Chris and Alex who both couldn’t take their eyes away from her body.

“Keep it in your pants, boys,” I smirked. They both turned to me, Chris blushing a little and Alex smirking.

“Aw, look Chris; I think princess over here is jealous.” My eyes widened taken aback. He thought I was jealous? Over, what some chick that wore heels that looked like they were going to break anytime now? Before I could respond my father began to talk.

“Mia, this is my assistant Victoria. She will help you get situated in your room and show you around area. I expect you to show respect and kindness towards her and she will do the same or the consequences will be terrible.” She held her hand out looking at me then me hand telling me to shake it. I looked at her hesitantly then shook her hand.

“Please follow me Amelia,” she turned to the door and walked up the stairs stopping at the door turning back and said, “Mr. Anderson and Mr. Scott, come as well.” I looked at the boys curiously who looked back at me confused but we did as we were told.

The entrance hall was about the size of a basketball court. The floor was black and white checker board tile, sat on by leather couches and coffee tables that ran along the white walls. The ceiling held onto a giant crystal chandelier that glistened in the sunlight pouring in through windows by the door. A grand staircase stood across the room expressing a dim second floor. The staircase was edged by old iron banisters with a white luxurious carpet running down the stairway as if it were rolled out for royalty.

Victoria made her way through that room, heels clicking against the floor, not bothering to see if we were following. We made our way up the stairs and went down the left hall and found another flight of stairs. We continued this pattern until we got to the top floor. We walked down the hallway and stopped in front of random doors in the hall that held at least fifteen down the long stretch. Victoria opened the door to the door on her right holding it open for all three of us to walk into.

The walls bore a dull orange and a high ceiling that was just as dull. The floor was dark wooden planks. They extended straight back in the room until it dropped into a shallow step, white carpet spreading out below the drop. French doors stood block the entrance to a balcony. A king size bed stood against the right wall, sporting a black comforter and tons of pillows. A few paces away from the bed was a door open on the left wall, leading into a bathroom that held a shower and a bathtub. I tried to find my voice as I took it all in. Once I did all I could say was, “Is this my room?”