Guardian (Pt. 2)

(Leo's P.O.V)

I sat on top of the covers on my bed, the clock on my nightstand read 2:57 A.M, Monday. I was wide awake and my mind was running a mile a minute, more than it usually did. After the car accident my foster parents had rushed out and drug me back to the house, keeping me in my room for the rest of the weekend so I wouldn't get into anymore "mischief". Jason had tried calling me because he heard what had happened, but I never answered, I just couldn't face him. Plus, I was preoccupied with something else.

My fingers gently ran up the pure white feather in my palm, it was softer than silk and slightly cool to the touch. I just couldn't get that girl out of my head. She was an actual angel, I had seen her with my own eyes. Her soft (h/c) hair, smooth skin, brilliant (e/c) eyes, warm caring smile. Ugh what the heck was wrong with me?! I sighed loudly and set the feather on the nightstand next to my clock, the red numbers illuminating the white tufts to a soft pink. My eyes became heavy as I had been thinking all night, exhaustion finally overtaking me. I soon fell into a deep sleep and dreamt of the girl in a white dress, with white wings, and even whiter smile.

Next morning:

Walking into school was a hassle, as everybody had heard about my near death experience. I got a lot of Did you see the light?! and Why didn't it actually hit you?!. Rude I know but hey, when you were as used to it as I was it barely even fazed me. As I got to my locker, I was tackled against the metal in a bone crushing hug by a girl with caramel skin, mahogany hair, and kaleidoscope eyes.

"Whoa Pipes I'm not dying," I teased chuckling a little and she looked at me, eyes blazing.

"You almost did! I can't believe you almost got hit by a car and didn't even call anybody! Jason's been worried sick for the past two days, what do you have to say for yourself?" She shrieked, setting her hands on her hips. Oh no, she was in mother mode.

I held my hands up in defense and gave her a reassuring smile. "Hey it's okay, I'm fine see? I was just overwhelmed after what happened and didn't find time to contact anyone." Which was partly true, but also a complete lie.

Piper's face turned from angry to concerned in about a nanosecond. "Oh, I'm just glad you're okay and-,"

"-LEEEEEEEEOOOOOOO!" Someone yelled and we both turned to have me get tackled again into a hug by a short cinnamon bun with wild curly hair and golden eyes. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Frank told me what happened and I tried calling but my stupid phone wouldn't work because Nico got me a new one which I don't know how to use and-!"

"-Haze calm down it's totally okay." I laughed as she looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I was so worried. I haven't been able to sleep fully since the car accident and I'm just so happy that you're okay!" Hazel squished my cheeks and kissed my nose making me blush slightly as Frank walked up behind her, glaring a little at me but soon his features held worry.

"You okay man?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks."

Before I knew it I was pinned against the lockers by a forearm digging into my chest, storm gray eyes blazing mad. I yelped as the blonde picked me up by my shirt collar and dangled me in the air easily, damn she was strong as hell.

"Leo Valdez you're lucky I don't break your neck for scaring me like that. IF YOU WOULD HAVE DIED I WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU!" Annabeth shouted and I gulped.

"Isn't that a double negative?" I inquired and she rolled her eyes dropping me.

"You know what I mean."

Soon Percy ran up panting and heaving, bent over with his hands on his knees gasping for breath. "S-Sorry dude. As soon as she heard you were here she was gone, I tried stopping her but. . .oh God I need air!" He sighed dramatically making all of us laugh. Leave it to Percy to cheer up the mood with his stupidity. Usually that was my job.

"It's no big deal man, and guys I'm completely fine. I was shaken up for a while but it's done and over with, time to move on and forget about it." I said and they all nodded. I got a lot of hugs and worried looks but once the bell rang for class they all dispersed to their own rooms. Sighing through my nose I opened up my locker and got my books out, stuffing them into my bag. My first period was Calculus, which I was acing so I didn't really worry about being late as I was two units ahead.

Once I got my books in order I was about to shut my locker when I felt a palm press hard between my shoulder blades, shoving me inside the confined space. I gasped and tried to look behind me but darkness encased me as my locker door shut, sealing me inside. Great. Locked inside a locker. How original. A deep chuckling came from the hall and I tried to peek through the horizontal slits in the metal but the person disappeared from my view, off to class most likely.

I sighed loudly and with difficulty reached in my pocket to take out my phone, cutting on the flashlight. The whole locker was consumed in the bright white glow and I had to close my eyes for a few seconds. Damn those iPhone flashlights. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I shone it around to try and find the locking mechanism, hopefully I could open it up and let myself out. Rummaging around I unzipped my bag and took out the screwdriver I had stuffed at the bottom of it, putting it into my mouth and searching for the lock.

I felt along the metal door, finally finding the sealed case. Taking the screwdriver from my mouth I began to work on taking off the cover, but with the small confines of the locker it was nearly impossible. The screwdriver slipped from my hand multiple times to cut my knuckles, it hurt like a bitch. I grunted when it did it again for the tenth time just as there was a click and the locker opened, me tumbling out onto the floor.

Getting my bearings I sat up to look up and come face to face with the gorgeous girl from my dreams, the angel who had saved me. One hand was on her hip while the other was on the door of my locker, her eyebrows were knit and her lips were in a pout.

"You know, you're really hard to look after Leo Valdez." She spoke while shutting the locker.

"U-Uh-I-I-I-," I stammered, staring up at her with bulging eyes and mouth wide open.

She smiled a little and squatted in front of me, elbows on her knees. "Yes, it's me again, your guardian angel."

{A/N}

I am so sorry for this late chapter. I just got finished with school a week ago and I really needed a break from everything. Don't worry I'm not dead, I'm still working on things. There will be more chapters of this coming soon I just need the time to write them. Thank you guys for your patience. Love you all.