His Curls

You just couldn't get them right. No matter how hard you tried you could never draw Leo's curls correctly. They were so beautiful, soft and silky and shiny. They were perfect. You just couldn't draw them.

"EEERRRRRGGG!" You groaned in frustration and tossed your sketchpad across the room huffing.

Maybe you couldn't get them right because you could never really get close enough to inspect them. You watched from afar since you didn't actually know Leo all that well. Sure you crossed paths eating meals, training, and during Capture the Flag, but that was pretty much it. Nothing outside of those three things. It kinda hurt to not know him, since you thought he was quite cute. Alas your social awkwardness prevented you to even say a syllable to him.

You sighed then walked over picking up the sketchpad flipping through it. Leo sitting on the beach. Leo by the campfire laughing. Leo walking and working on some gadget in his nimble hands. Leo, Leo, Leo, Leo, LEO. He was every page, in every corner, all over your papers. It was absolutely insane how much this boy affected you.

Tucking the sketchpad under your arm you grabbed your strap bag that was filled with your drawing supplies then walked out of the (g/p) cabin and into the woods for some peace and quiet. This was where you usually drew, everything was so serene and tranquil that each time a drawing would come to you it would turn out perfect. Well, almost perfect. Those damn curls!

You sat on a rock and flipped open the sketchpad taking out a mechanical pencil then drew a light circle on a fresh page. Adding to that from the left side of the circle you made a light crescent to get a cheek bone shape. Eyes, nose, and mouth came next. His eyes were so beautiful, a warm chocolate brown that seemed to spark with fire. You drew that signature side smirk that you loved so much, a mischievous upturn of the lips.

You smiled at your work so far just as a voice interrupted the quiet environment. "Wow, that's insanely good."

Jumping and turning around your eyes widened as Leo stood behind you grinning and chuckling. Your eyes widened, he was here?!

"Wha-What are you-?"

Leo chuckled again cutting you off. "I was on my way to Bunker 9 when I saw you. Nobody usually stays out here, you like the quiet?" He asked and you nodded.

"Yes very much so, it helps with my drawing." You hugged the sketchpad to your chest and Leo sat down across from you.

"Why are you hiding it? You're really talented, I've never seen anything so detailed."

Your cheeks blushed pink, you looked away and smiled a little, your heart swelling with pride. Leo was praising you? It was an amazing feeling.

"Thanks, I don't usually show off my work."

"You should," he smiled at you, that cute crooked grin that made your heart skip a beat.

One curl covered his eye, others stuck out at adorable odd angles, his pointed ears poking out from the mass of crazy waves. Oh my gosh, he was right in front of you! He must have read your look because his smile widened.

"You gonna finish drawing me?"

"Oh! U-Uh-I-I mean i-if you don't mind I-,"

"-I don't mind at all," Leo sat still, that grin still on his face.

Your cheeks blushed red but you started back on the drawing, taking in close detail on his perfect curls. Looking up every so often he would catch your gaze and smile wider, his warm brown eyes encouraging you on. After at least thirty minutes and plenty of erasing you blew away the shavings then held the sketchpad up for him to see.

"Done."

His eyes widened, mouth hanging open as he stared at the amazingly accurate picture of himself. The facial angles were perfect, his nose and eyes like looking into a mirror, and curls finally completely and utterly fantastic.

"Wow, this is. . .incredible," he said in awe and you blushed smiling with pride.

"Thank you,"

Leo grinned then moved closer, his eyes locking onto yours. "Want me to come back and be your model?"

You snorted and nodded. "That would be awesome."

"The only thing I won't do is be a French girl,"

You slapped his arm and he laughed as did you. You never had a problem drawing his curls again.