Esperanza's Date (Pt. 11 of Positive)

You stared at Esperanza, tears threatening to well up in your eyes but you held them back. Your daughter stood in front of you in a red dress with (f/c) trim with the biggest smile on her face. Tonight was her first big date, with Nathan Grace of course.

"Oh, Esperanza you look so beautiful," you smiled and she smiled back.

"Thanks mom,"

Leo stood next to the door with his arms crossed and a frown on his lips. He hadn't been too happy when Esperanza came home that week exclaiming excitedly that Nathan had asked her out. Frankly, Leo seemed pissed. But Esperanza was sixteen now and could make her own choices on who she wanted to date.

"Daddy do I look okay?" She asked turning to Leo who's frown faded quickly to a small smile.

"You look gorgeous mi princesa." He opened his arms and Esperanza hugged him tightly. The doorbell then rang interrupting the moment and Esperanza pulled away smoothing down her dress as Leo opened the door.

Nathan stood on the front porch and smiled nervously at your family with a bouquet of red roses in his hands. Leo's scowl returned as you walked forward welcoming the young man inside.

"Hi Nathan, wonderful to see you." You smiled kindly.

"Hello Mrs. Valdez, it's nice to see you too." Nathan then blushed and handed the roses to Esperanza who blushed also. "Those are for you."

She smiled and took a deep breath inhaling the flowers sweet scent. "Thank you Nathan, they're beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you,"

The two blushed a deep pink and you wanted to fangirl right then and there but held yourself back. You didn't want to embarrass Esperanza on her first date. Leo's scowl deepened as he stood in front of Nathan with his arms crossed.

"Where are you taking her?" He asked and Nathan swallowed.

"Uh, to the new Italian restaurant downtown."

"What time will you be bringing her back?"

"Ten,"

Leo raised an eyebrow and Nathan gulped.

"I-I mean. . .nine thirty?"

Leo nodded then kissed Esperanza's cheek and stood next to you wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Okay you two, have fun. . .but not too much fun."

Esperanza blushed and played with her braid. "Daddyyyy,"

He chuckled and waved them as you smiled at the both of them and they walked out the front door hand in hand.

{Esperanza's P.O.V}

I can't believe I'm actually going on a date with Nathan Grace! When he asked me out this week I was totally shocked but of course I said yes. He's so cute and sweet and we've basically been friends for about four years.

Nathan opens the door to his car for me and I smile getting inside. He then hops in and starts the car heading downtown, I play with the radio station for a few minutes until I find my favorite song comes on, Jet Pack Blues by Fall Out Boy.

"Oh my gods I love this song!" I grin and Nathan smiles at me.

"Me too,"

We both start singing like idiots while driving to the restaurant and it eases my nervousness. It's just like any normal day. We finally make it to the restaurant and Nathan opens my door then takes my hand walking inside to the receptions desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The woman says and he smiles at me making me blush.

"Reservation for two under Grace,"

The woman checks her list then looks up at us smiling kindly. "Right this way Mr. Grace."

She leads us to a candle lit table out on the terrace and my eyes widen at how pretty everything looks. The woman sets out menus down then Nathan pulls my chair out for me and I sit down, he sits in his own chair across from me and smiles.

"Do you like it?" He asks and I nod while smiling.

"Like it? I love it! Everything is so nice. How did you afford it?"

He blushes and scratches the back of his neck, staring at the tablecloth with embarrassment. "I was saving up for months to get enough money and finally ask you out."

My cheeks turn a warm pink and I bite my bottom lip. "You did all of that for me?"

Nathan looks up, "Of course I did. I've liked you for a long time Esperanza, ever since we were kids. I just never had the courage to say it."

Okay by now my whole face is pink. Nathan has liked me all this time and I never even noticed it. Oh gods I'm as clueless as my dad. Why does mom always have to be right?

"I-I've liked you too Nathan, I just didn't think that you had the same feelings." I say and he smiles while chuckling.

"Guess we were both pretty ignorant, huh?"

I laugh and agree completely. We both have a great time at dinner. We talk, laugh, and tell stories about quests we had gone on during camp time. Once we finish our meals and pay the date is over and I'm kinda sad. I want to spend more time with Nathan, but unfortunately it was almost nine thirty so we have to get home before my dad skins him alive.

Nathan drives me back then walks me to my door blushing madly. "I had fun tonight."

I smile and blush also. "I did too."

"So. . .wanna go out again?"

"I would love to."

"Saturday?"

I smile and nod. "Saturday is perfect."

"Cool," Nathan smiles then he starts leaning forward, his eyes closing.

My cheeks flame and I flutter my eyes closer leaning forward as well. Nathan's warm lips brush mine and I shudder a little, we're so close to kissing when the front door opens and we spring apart to see my dad standing there with his arms crossed glaring at Nathan.

"Glad I got here when I did. You're ten minutes late!" He rants waving his arms around and I blush with embarrassment.

"Daddy we were just-,"

"-Oh I know what you were about to do-,"

"-LEO VALDEZ!" My mom interrupts appearing in the doorway glaring at my dad. "I told you to wait until she got inside."

My dad gulps and sulks. "Sorry mi amore."

"Sorry doesn't cut it let's go!" She grabs him by one pointed ear and drags him back inside while smiling at me and Nathan. "You two go back to doing whatever you were doing."

"Ow ow ow ow," my dad says.

My mom rolls her eyes while me and Nathan chuckle turning back towards each other. He blushes as do I then he pecks me on the lips walking down the steps.

"See you Saturday," he smiles and I nod lazily grinning like an idiot.

"Yeah. . .Saturday."