Metal Torture Devices

Your day was going smoothly. Breakfast was delicious, afterwards training was fun but tiring, you took a nap in your cabin, but by lunch time you noticed something. A certain son of Hephaestus wasn't around. That was strange, Leo always greeted you sometime during the day, even hung around you while you did your daily routine.

"Hey Bree, have you seen Leo?" You asked your sister who was sitting next to you, stuffing her face with french fries.

"Ummmmm, no. As a matter of fact I haven't. Why don't you go ask Harley? He follows Leo around like a puppy."

You nodded, getting up from the (g/p) table. "Thanks, see ya." You waved then walked over to the Hephaestus kids, there laughter echoing the loudest in the dining pavilion. Wading through kids and looking around you finally spotted Harley, he sat at the end of the table laughing along with one of his older siblings.

"Hi Harley!" You greeted and the little boy looked up at you, a huge grin forming on his adorable face.

"Hi (y/n)! What's up? Need me to fix anything for you?"

"No no," you laughed petting his messy hair. "I just came to ask if you've seen Leo lately."

Harley bit his lip, playing with his fingers then mumbled to himself, "Big brother Leo prepared me for this moment. I can't mess up." He looked up, took a deep breath, and spoke. "Leo thought you might ask that, so he told me to tell you that I haven't seen him and he's definitely not in our cabin." Harley grinned, his nose scrunching up in the cutest way and you covered your mouth suppressing your laughter.

"Thanks Harley, it's too bad you haven't seen him and he's not in your cabin." You ruffled his hair making him smile then you both parted ways, you heading to the Hephaestus cabin and him finishing his lunch.

Once reaching the very complicated looking, vault-like door, you knocked and waited patiently. Shuffling came from inside, a few grumbles of annoyance then multiple locks and gears sounded before the door opened to reveal Leo inside. You smiled kindly at him as his eyes widened, mouth pursing together.

"Hey Leo, I thought I'd come and check on you. Everything okay?" You asked.

He nodded, humming an, "Mhm," while playing with his shirt collar. You raised an eyebrow, a little surprised. Leo Valdez, not talking?

"Are you sure everything's okay?" You asked again and again he nodded. "Well, why aren't you talking?"

Leo said nothing, only pursed his lips more so they were shut tight. You were shocked at the sight before you, Leo seemed to be determined not to speak. You set your hands on your hips, giving him a serious look.

"Leooooo, what's going on?"

You could seem him swallow hard, and his fingers stretch out from his sides indicating he was nervous, hiding something. Okay, this was getting old. It was horrible seeing Leo not talking, it was like the sign of the apocalypse. Not standing to take another minute of silence, you decided to get whatever it was he was hiding out of him. A grin spread across your lips, creeping towards Leo who backed away, eyes wide with terror.

"Well, since you're not gonna talk. . .you might as well laugh!" And you tackled Leo onto a bed straddling his waist, tickling his sides like there was no tomorrow.

The Latino covered his mouth, trying desperately to hold in his laughter. Your hands traveled up his ribcage, under his arms, and his neck, reaching every nook and cranny you knew to make him burst into fits of giggles. After a few minutes, Leo finally snapped. He broke out into loud bundles of laughs and giggles, face bright pink. You grinned down at him, then noticed something on his teeth. Braces. Leo Valdez had gotten braces.

"Okay-Okay-stop please I give-I give!" He gasped between giggles and you chuckled letting him go, rolling off of him. Leo sucked in gulps of precious oxygen. His smile was wide, showing off the red braces profusely, but you thought it was absolutely adorable.

"You got braces!" You grinned laughing and his smile faded, his cheeks bursting into a deep red color.

"Yeah, yesterday. Jason took me to the orthodontist and they put them in, it's torture! They hurt like hell, I hate them. Plus. . .they're embarrassing." Leo grumbled the last part, but you just smiled wider scooting next to him.

"Are you kidding me? You look adorable! I love them, and everyone else will too."

Leo blushed deeper, and his gaze shifted to his ever moving fingers which were tapping on his knees. "Do you really like them?"

"Of course! Don't be embarrassed Leo, they only add to your cuteness." You grinned at him and he grinned back, showing off the metal train tracks across both his bottom and top teeth.

"Thanks (y/n). So, since I'm adorable and everything, can I get a kiss?" Leo's grin widened, and you rolled your eyes leaning over and pecking his cheek.

"Happy?"

He smiled, burying his face into your neck. "Very."