32. Shopping Date

Start from the beginning

"Are you still up for some shopping and a nice dinner?" Mitch asks me as we finally arrive in our hotel room in Atlanta.

"Of course! We wanted to go out and I'm going to stick to what we've planned. Unless you'd rather not go out?" I smile at him from across the room where he's unpacking his overnight bag.

"Are you kidding me? I would never ever say no to going out with you Daddy" he returns. "Shall we fresh up real quick and get going?"

"Yeah, Babe, I'm in."

Said and done. An hour later we're at the mall, strolling along while looking into all the bigger and smaller shops.

"Look at that jacket, Avi. That would look so good on you" Mitch says after a while, pointing at the item of clothing in question. It's dark brown and made of leather.

"It probably would" I return and glance through the window as well. "But I already own a leather jacket, I don't need a second one."

"Just try it on? For me, please?" He pouts at me, something which I just can't say 'no' to.

"Okay, okay. I'll try it on if they've got my size." I smile as Mitch leads me into the store with a bright smile on his face.

They have the jacket in my size and honestly it fits perfectly.

"My man looks so handsome" Mitch quips. "We're buying it. Give it to me, please?" He holds out his arm and I hand him the jacket, assuming he'd hold it so that I can get into my own jacket. But he runs off to the checkout.

"Mitch, wha-"

"Think of it as an early birthday present. I love spoiling people so don't ruin this for me" he says while handing the clerk his card and signing the receipt. "You just have to carry it on your own."

"Wow, Mitch, thank you" I say as I take the bag. In the spur of the moment I press my lips on his' softly.

"You're welcome, Avi" he replies while smiling back at me brightly which probably comes from the little moment we just had. In public.

We resume shopping for some time, but don't buy much more. Mitch needed some new boxer briefs and some skincare products and I actually get myself some too after a patient consultation with a nice older lady.

"I'm starving" I declare as we go out of the beauty store, each carrying a small bag with our new products.

Mitch giggles. "Of course you are, I am hungry, too" he returns. "I've seen a steakhouse on the way here and I could go for a nice piece of meat and a good salad."

"Damn yes, I'd love some good meat. Count me in" I return and smile at him brightly.

He orders an uber that takes us to said restaurant which is actually near our hotel. We have a really nice dinner there along with some light, yet entertaining conversation.

What I notice however is, that Mitch spends quite some time on his phone. He is always polite about it and excuses himself, but I'm wondering why he's doing it. Usually he would just leave his phone be when he's with me, so I think that it could be something important. I don't want to ask him, though, his small apologies and everything are just too cute.

"So, Avi. Sorry 'bout that, I will leave the damn thing in my bag right now" he says after a while. "Anyway, what are you planning to do tomorrow? After all it's your birthday!"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'll probably organise some cake and dinner for everyone and have a little get together. Apart from that we still have a show, but maybe we can have a drink or two later on the bus."

Mitch smiles at me. "We'll manage all that, don't worry. Birthdays on the road are always a little bit different, because you can't really organise a party or so."

I nod. "They are, you're so right. But I already announced that I'll be giving a huge BBQ once we're at home."

"That's a great idea. If you need help planning or preparing, just tell me, I'm your boyfriend after all." He winks at me and drinks another sip of his wine.

When I hear him uttering this one word my heart starts to beat faster involuntarily. It's a fact that I'm still getting used to. Having him as my boyfriend, my partner, my... love.

"What are you thinking about, darling?" Mitch asks after a moment of silence.

I move to grab his hand. "Just how lucky I am, lucky to have you by my side."

Mitch looks at me, being completely in awe. "Thank you, Avi" he says. "I can only return these words."

We look into each other's eyes, having a moment together which is simple, but so precious. It is only interrupted when the waiter comes to take our plates away.

"Could you please get us our bill?" Mitch asks after subtly glancing at his watch once again.

"I'll pay" I say when he's already fishing for his wallet.

Mitch knows better than to argue after buying me the expensive jacket, he just thanks me and waits until I've taken care of everything.

We exit the restaurant together walking in the direction of the hotel, holding hands.

Mitch looks at his phone once again and sighs almost exaggerated. "We need to go up to Scott's room real quick. Apparently there's something wrong with Kirstie's voice and we need to talk about the concert tomorrow" he explains.

"Fine with me" I return. I'm a little bit annoyed, because I was looking forward to spend the evening alone with Mitch, but if Kirstie is really getting sick we need to talk about the set list and everything as soon as possible.

We head to Scott's room and Mitch just casually pulls out a keycard to open the room. I want to ask him why he has a keycard to Scott's room but I quickly lose this train of thought when the lights go on and everyone starts to yell and cheer.

"Surprise, Avi!!!"

~~~~~~~~