16

Light crept into the room, a signal that it was morning. The male opened his eyes and got up, recalling last night's activities. He turned to the woman beside him and smiled.

She laid on her side, the blanket over her body, outlining the curve of her waist and hips. The light shone on her, making her look like a goddess. He moved to kiss her on her lips, earning a small moan from her.

Turning to face the wall, her back faced him instead. Kaneki laid back down and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her from behind and kissing her head.

"Mm.." A small noise escaped her lips and she turned back. Her eyes slowly opened, staring at the man before her, smiling. "Good morning, Ken."

He smiled back. "Good morning, darling."

A few strands of hair stuck to her face and he gently tucked them behind her ear.  Touka leaned against him and pecked him on his lips before going back down to lean her head on his chest. "I want to sleep a while longer.."

"Sure. Sleep for as long as you want. You must be very tired from last night."

"Mm." Her breath steadied and she closed her eyes.

A thought crossed his mind and he frowned. How long do I have left to be with her? No doubt they'll find her someday and take her away from me. I don't want that.

With that in mind, he hugged her closer and almost possessively. Don't leave me, Touka.

She only snuggled up against him and absorbed his warmth, not responding.

He never knew that she would be taken away from him so soon.

---

"Boss, we're nearing Oluo Town but something seems strange!"

"What is it?" Kaneki asked.

"It's like they're waiting for us. There's a lot of people at the harbor." The guy passed him the long binoculars and he looked inside.

His eyes widened and he raised his voice, shouting to everyone on the ship. "Turn back! It's a trap! They're waiting to ambush us at the port!! I REPEAT. TURN BACK!"

The men scurried around, turning to change the direction of the ship.

Touka exited the room with sleepy eyes, rubbing them. "What's all the commotion about..?"

He placed his hands on her shoulders. "Go stay in the room. People are after us and we're trying to go as far away as we can. We'll talk later, alright?" He tried to smile, despite the situation they were in.

"We won't be separated right?" She asked, voice trembling.

"Yeah. I promise."