7

Touka leaned against the ledge of the ship and looked out at the sea. Nothing could seen, except water. She sighed, she never could get used to this, even after being on this ship for almost a month.

Tilting her head up, she stared at the moon that shone in the dark night sky. Her eyes widened upon laying eyes on the stars in the sky. "They're beautiful..." She whispered.

" She whispered

"Hey. What are you doing so late outside?" Kaneki asked as he walked towards her. "You'll catch a cold."

"I was just looking at the sky. The stars are so beautiful."

He removed his jacket and placed it over her shoulders. "Yeah? Do you know the names of those stars?"

She blushed. It was these kind of sweet gestures that made her trust him even though he was the one who kidnapped her. She held the jacket with her hand tightly so it doesn't fly away from the strong winds. "No I don't. Do you know?"

He takes her hand and points

He takes her hand and points. "That one over there is Polaris and the one beside is Sirius. The one slightly below Sirius is Vega."

Don't believe whatever I say in the paragraph above because it's all bullshit. The names are real but the positions I just put them randomly 😂😂😂

For a pirate, he sure is knowledgable about many stuff. "How did you know their names?"

"I bought a book a long time ago from a town." Kaneki replied, also looking at the night sky.

"Can I see it?" Touka asked, curious as she had never seen books about astronomy before. Her parents never let her see these kind of books, thinking it was a waste of time and would rather she read educational books.

"Sure." He walked back into his room with her following her behind.

Sitting down on her bed and looking around, she noticed that he had many books scattered all over the room. She watched as he dug through a pile of books and took one out of the pile.

"Here it is." He said, passing the book to her and sitting down beside her.

"You like to read books, don't you? You're quite educated, for a pirate."

"I do. I buy books whenever I visit a town. They help me pass the time at sea."

"I see. Hey explain to me the meaning of this Polaris." She pointed at a picture in the book.

He sat closer and glanced over her shoulder at the book. "Polaris means northern star or Pole Star and it's the 45th brightest star in the night sky."

"What about this?" She asked, turning her head towards him and her breath stuck in her throat. He's so close to her and if he moves just a little, they'll be able to kiss. She forced herself to inhale and she feels his warm breath on her mouth.

Shit why do I feel like kissing him??

Her head quickly turned to the opposite direction and her cheeks turned pink. "S-sorry. Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Why are you so nice to me? You could have killed me that day I saw you at the castle, or left me alone on that day I got in trouble with the shopkeeper. Why didn't you?"

"I told you I don't like killing people and somehow, when I see you, I just can't ignore you. You're like a fish out of the water and I want to help you."

"Why?"

"Because I like you."