8

A blush formed on Touka's cheeks. "W-wha-what the hell are you talking about? L-l-liking me–"

Kaneki put his palm up. "Don't get me wrong. I didn't say I like you as in a romantic interest. I like you as a person. You're interesting."

"O-oh." Disappointment was obvious in her voice.

I sense disappointment.

"What? Did you want me to say that I like you that way?" He teased with a smirk.

"I-it's not like that!" She retaliated, shouting. "It's not..like that.."

"Anyway—"

*sniff sniff*

What do you mean 'anyway'? That was an important issue!

"Wait did you just smell me?"

"Yes I did. Is there a problem? I wanted to ask if you wanted to take a bath?" Kaneki continued.

Ignoring the fact he just indirectly called her smelly, she asked, "you have a bath?" She had never heard him mention of having a bath before.

"Not exactly like those big bathrooms you have at the castle but we have a mini one. It's made of wood. Do you want to see it?"

What kind of bath is made of wood and is small? Curiosity took over her and Touka nodded.

"Alright. Come on. I'll bring you there." He smiled and grabbed her hand, pulling her up.

"It's so small

"It's so small..." She said, thinking of her old bathtub. 💭💭💭

Let's just pretend that her bath is like this (I wonder if anyone can guess the anime xD)

"I told you that it was different from your castle's bath. We recently bought it and just installed it. No one has used it yet and I'm giving you the privilege to be the first one to use it." Kaneki said, folding his arms and looking proud.

"Ah thank you but where did you get the water from? And is it cold?"

"Well of course the water is from the sea. Yes it's cold. Why? You expect it to be warm?"

Let's pretend the water is not negative degrees like it is in real life and say it's around 20 degrees celsius.

Touka shrugged. "Yeah do you have any way that you can do that?"

"I could build a fire but I'll have to stay in here with you to watch the fire. You wouldn't want that, would you?" He asked.

The thought of Kaneki seeing her naked made her cheeks flush. "It's alright then. Could you go out? I want to dip inside the water for a bit."

"You're sure you don't need the fire?" He asked one more time to confirm. "It's freezing just so you know."

"Yeah yeah I'm sure." She made a shoo-shoo gesture with her hand.

He took his leave and after making sure the door was locked, she slowly peeled off her clothes one by one. The vest, the white shirt, the pants, her bra and lastly her panties.

Out of natural instinct, she covered her breasts with both arms and raised her leg into the tub, dipping it into the water. Her leg swiftly withdrew, numb from the coldness of the water. It's freezing cold! Damn that guy! He knew!

Squeezing her eyes shut and furrowing her eyebrows, she had to call him. I don't have a choice, the water is too cold for me to bathe in! She briefly put on her clothes and called for him.

"Hey um Kaneki are you there? I need a fire!"

The door opened and he smirked. "And now you want the fire?"

Touka shot him a glare and pushed him. "You knew that I would ask for a fire after trying the water right?"

"What about it?" He asked smugly.

"You jerk!" She started to hit his chest with her fists. But to him, her hits felt like an ant trying to hit him, he doesn't feel anything. He lets her hit him anyway, somehow feeling bad about fooling her.

At the corner of his eyes, he noticed a puddle of water in front of her and was too late in warning her. She took a step forward and slipped. Not backwards but forward.

His arms immediately went around her, wanting to help her break the fall. The both of them fell to the floor with Kaneki at the bottom and Touka on top.

"Ouch..." She moaned as she slowly sat up and sees him under her. "Hey are you okay?"

His eyes opened and he blushed when he realized the position they're in. "Yeah I'm fine but could you get off of me?"

She looked down at where she's sitting and flushed. She was practically straddling him with her arms wrapped around his neck. "Right. S-sorry."

After she got up, he also stood up. Staring down, his blush reached his ears. "What are you staring at?" Touka asked, following his gaze to her chest.

Her clothes were messed up; her white shirt had slipped off, exposing her bra strap and her cleavage, and her pants slightly lower than her hip, showing a part of her panties.

Using her arms to cover her chest, she spun her body around at lightning speed. Without seeing where she's going, she slipped on the same puddle of water again. (Yes, again.)

This time, he was able to read her movements and moved forward to catch her in his arms, resulting in him hugging her from behind. Feeling his large and warm arms encircling her body, she willed for herself to calm down.

"Jeez how clumsy can you get? Be careful next time."

Touka bit on her lower lip. Should she ask him? Before she could think about it, the words already left her mouth. "Do you really only like me as a person and not in a romantic way?"