11

For the next few days, they didn't talk much to each other.

Each time they bumped into each other, Touka wants to talk to him but she hesitates, not knowing what to talk about even if she did. There were times that they did talk, but it was only a short conversation.

Feeling the gap between them get bigger and bigger, Touka would often spend late nights on the deck, sighing. Had she not confessed to him, they would not be in this situation right now.

Tonight, she was on the deck as usual. She looked up at the sky and blinked. Two moons were visible. Or was it her imagination? She blinked again and this time, she saw only one moon.

I must be tired... That was what she thought and as she was about to make her way back to the room, she suddenly felt dizzy and her vision blacked out. She dropped to the floor, cheeks red and panting heavily.

Kaneki also came out for fresh air and upon seeing Touka on the floor, his heart beat stopped for a split second. "Kirishima!" He quickly carried her in his arms, bridal style and made his way to the room.

Pushing all of his stuff away, he gently laid her onto the bed and placed his hand on her forehead. She's having a fever!

He stood up, wanting to get some cold water but stopped as he felt her arm tug on his shirt. Turning back to look at her, his eyes widened as tears escaped her eyes. "Don't go..." She said, looking up at him with teary eyes.

"Okay I won't go anywhere." Kaneki said, sitting down onto the bed and pulling the blanket up to her neck. She reached for his hand and held it. "I like you. I like you so much..."

He doesn't reply her and instead tightens his grip around her hand. He stays by her side until she falls asleep and he goes to get water.

Returning to the room, he sets the basin onto the floor. He dipped the towel into the cold water and squeezed all of the excess water out before putting the towel onto her forehead. He remained there, staring at her.

When I look at her properly right now, she's actually really pretty... Kaneki raised his hand to cup her cheek and slowly pushed away the bangs covering half of her face to expose her full face.

Touka was blessed with an oval face shape, long eyelashes, a slim nose and soft lips.

Hide's words came to his mind. Just remember, if she can make your heart go doki doki, that means you're in love with her.

Ever since meeting with Hide, Kaneki has been thinking a lot on how he can find out if he is truly in love with Touka.

He bends down to lock lips with her. He sucked on her lips, savoring the feeling of her soft lips on his. There it is again, his heart going BA-DUM BA-DUM BA-DUM.

She raised her arms and weakly wrapped them around his waist. He pulled away, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Kaneki... I like you."

Hearing that, his heart raced. Ah... This familiar feeling... The same as in the bath that time.. I'm really in love with her...

Feelings emotions overwhelming him, he said, "I like you too."

---

Yas finally! It took 11 chapters for him to fall in love 😤😤😤