14

The memories of those children were still fresh in her mind. As she walked past various stalls, she thought of what she could do to help them and the only conclusion she came to was that if she becomes a queen, she would order her servants to buy food for these poor people.

"Aren't you the girl who was with Mr Kaneki? Would you take some time to look at the things I'm selling for a bit?" A woman behind a table called out to Touka.

She turned to look at her and the things she was selling. Accessories, clothes, bags and shoes. A certain pink dress caught her eye.

"Oh? Miss, you have a good eye!" The lady trailed off, continuing to talk and talk until Touka ended up buying the dress.

"Mr Kaneki is a really good person, isn't he? He has helped us a lot. Previously, we were not even able to attain a store and items like these and after he came along, our lives changed for the better!! We are all very thankful to him. Would you thank him for me?"

She nodded in response. Every stall owner she passed by on the streets all spoke very well of Kaneki. They are all grateful to him for what he's doing.

Suddenly, she remembered what she just bought. She held the paper bag close to her chest. If anyone finds out I bought this, I'll want to hide in a hole for the rest of my life!!!

Touka walked around some more and after getting some other items, she decided she wanted to go back to the ship to rest and put down the embarrassing thing she bought first.

When she went back to the ship, no one was there yet and so she hid the item at the corner of the cupboard and decided to go back to town to find Kaneki.

She went to the town square, where held the most people there. Restaurants filled the area and so many people were dancing to music played. She carefully maneuvered her way through the crowd and successfully spotted Kaneki talking to some old ladies by a restaurant. Touka walked up to them, with a smile on her face. "Hello."

"Oh my! Mr Kaneki, is this the one you were talking about?" One of the old ladies asked excitedly.

Kaneki took her hand into his and smiled. "Yes, she's my girlfriend, my one and only dearest in the world."

The princess blushed upon hearing his words. She lightly punched his arm out of embarrassment, but deep down she was really happy.

They had a small chat and when a certain slow music came on, the ladies suggested for the two of them to dance. Kaneki refused at first, not knowing how to dance properly but Touka took him by his hand and pulled him out to the square.

Placing his hand to her waist, he followed along to her footsteps and slowly learned. Other couples also joined in after seeing them dance, making the whole square fill with couples. The couples ranged from young to old. Even children joined in for fun.

The dance soon ended as the music came to an end. People slowly moved away from the square but only Kaneki and Touka remained.

"What's wrong? We need to leave this place for the next people who wants to dance." She asked.

Without replying, his arms went around her waist and he leaned in to press his lips on hers. They separated and he smiled like a little child.