5

Wait. Something is wrong. Why was he the first person I thought of? He must have brainwashed my brain into liking him. This is all wrong!

"Mmph!"

Touka was thrown onto a hard surface and a loud noise came from the bottom. It sounded like an engine.

Help help! She screamed, but it only came out as 'hm hm', the cloth preventing her voice from coming out.

Shouting until her throat hurt and voice turning hoarse, she stopped and thought that maybe it was really the end. Maybe it was fate that she was to be sold off to a pervert, to a cruel and sadistic person.

At this point of time, nothing could be done. What could she do? Her hands were bound, voice stuck. She was completely powerless.

Regrets filled her mind. She should have listened to Kaneki's warning, told her parents that she loved them, spent more time with her loved ones. She regretted being such a selfish and spoilt princess and making other people's lives a living hell.

If she got out of this situation, she promised herself that she would change for the better.

I'm sorry, everyone... She closed her eyes.

---

"Hey. Hey."

Touka heard someone calling her name and she furrowed her eyebrows, frustrated. Just let me die already...

She felt something heavy lean on her chest and she groans, opening her eyes to see black hair in front of her. "What??"

Kaneki's face came into view and her eyes widened.

"I must be dreaming..." She murmured, mind going from real world to dreamland.

"Hey don't go back to sleep." Kaneki slapped her cheeks with a slight force.

Feeling actual pain, she snapped back to reality. "Wha-what?! Where am I? I'm supposed to be dead!" She's laying on the floor, with Kaneki hovering over her.

"What the hell are you talking about? You're alive. Look at that." He pointed and she looked in that direction.

A police carriage was there with three policemen escorting the people who kidnapped her. One... Two... She counted.

"There's one person missing." Touka says, tugging on Kaneki's shirt's sleeve.

"Who?"

"The storekeeper. He was the one who brought me to those two."

"I'll go capture him then." He says, standing up.

"I'm going with you!" She exclaimed.

"You're going to stay here and rest." He firmly says. "Stay."

"I'm not your dog. I'm going!" She grabbed his arm. "Besides, I want something from him."

Kaneki sighed. He won't be able to dissuade her and decided it would be best to stop wasting time. "Let's go."

---

They had a small discussion with a cop.

"Is it really alright?" Touka asked.

"Sure thing. After all, you two helped to capture a criminal. It's a big achievement for us so as thanks, we'll give all the dresses to you." The cop replied.

Kaneki glanced over to Touka who had an excited expression on her face; her sparkling eyes and huge grin. She's quite cute... If only she was like this all the time. He found himself shamelessly thinking and blushed. Luckily for him, she never noticed his staring.

"I'm going with you. I'm not going to take my eyes off of you this time." Kaneki says, his expression hardening.

She pouts and at the back of her mind, she considers whether she should report him to the police. He's her kidnapper after all. But since he saved her life, she'll let him go just this once.

The three walked up to the store and the cop pulled out his identity card. Seeing it, the storekeeper's face immediately went white. "You're under arrest for kidnapping and selling people to the black market. Come with me quietly."

The cop thanked Kaneki and Touka again and cuffed the storekeeper's hands together, escorting him into the carriage, leaving the two to take the dresses.

Kaneki threw the huge sack containing all of her dresses over his shoulder. "Let's go. We've attracted too much attention and we're leaving now."

"Eh... But it's only been two days since we came here. I was thinking we could stay a little longer and walk around..." Disappointment came from her voice. She peeked up at him. "Please?"

Did I hear it wrongly? She's actually saying 'please'. He looked at her incredulously.

"What?" Touka asked, offended by his look.

"Nothing. Okay but no tricks this time you got it?" Kaneki warned her.

She nodded.