4

Touka stared at the scenery before her in awe. The hustle and bustle of a city was too much for a princess who stayed within the castle walls. Since she was always inside the castle, she never got a chance to see what happens outside the castle walls.

She had heard from the servants and guards that the places outside the walls were very unsafe for a princess like her to be walking around. But it didn't seem that way to her; people who walked past her all greeted her with a smile, even without knowing her true identity. They were all very friendly to her.

The princess walked along the busy streets, watching as people interacted with one another, selling and buying from very colorful stalls.

She suddenly felt a pull of her clothes from behind and she turned around with a frown.

"Hey. Don't walk too far in front. Not a good idea." Kaneki said, pulling her back to his side.

Touka pouts. "But the people here are nice! They greeted me!"

"Listen here, princess. They are just acting, it's not real. On the outside, they look like very friendly but on the inside, they are planning on how to kidnap you. We are outsiders and people don't like us. We'll leave immediately after we get the stuff we need." He whispers into her ear.

Touka gritted her teeth and thought that she had to get away from him somehow.

She yelled while pointing to the sky. "Ah! What's that?!"

"What's what?" He asked, looking at the direction she's pointing. Touka took this chance and dashed away from him.

There was nothing there and when Kaneki looked back, he realized that she was gone.

"Kirishima? Kirishima!"

The princess giggled. He's so stupid! Now... Time to seek some help and get out of here. But before that, I gotta walk around and look at stuff!

Strolling along the colorful stalls, she saw many things; beautiful ornaments, interesting food etc. She stopped at a stall selling dresses and stared at a particular dress.

"Oh? Little lady do you want this dress? I'll give it to you for only 50!" The shopkeeper said after having noticed her staring and brought the pink polkadots dress down for Touka to see it up close.

"Ah I do but I don't have money so I'll have to reject your offer sorry..." She says, disappointment in her voice.

She really liked the dress though.

"It's okay! Come on, you can at least try it on then come back for it later!" He replies, grabbing her hand and pulling. "Ah wait-" Touka tried to protest but he had already pulled her to the back of his store.

There was two men wearing face masks and the shopkeeper spoke to the both of them.

"We can sell her off to someone rich! She looks quite rare so I'm sure we can get quite a large amount of money!"

Touka gasped as she overheard their conversion and tried to escape but it was too late as they swiftly blocked her exit route.

After that, the two masked men tied her wrists together, stuffed a cloth inside her mouth and threw her into a large bag.

Her eyes came away wet and in her mind, she called for him to save her.

Kaneki!