12

The morning sun seeped through the curtains, disturbing Touka from her sleep. She opened her eyes and groaned as she sat up, body heavy.

I felt like I had an amazing dream last night. It felt so real.

She turned to her left and sees him sleeping on the floor, in his usual spot. Sitting down beside him, she raised her hand and moves it towards his head, wanting to touch it. He let out a low groan, stopping her in her actions and watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Kirishima?"

Touka stared at him with those big round eyes of hers. His morning voice is so sexy...

He got up and leaned his forehead against her own. "The fever's down. I'm glad."

Her cheeks burned at the proximity. She was disappointed when he pulled away.

"I had a fever?" She questioned.

Raising a brow, "Yeah. You don't remember what happened?"

She shook her head as response.

Kaneki sighed heavily and face-palmed. A slight blush formed on his cheeks. Maybe it would have been better if she didn't remember it...

"But I had a really nice dream..." Touka trailed off, thinking that he might not want to hear it.

"What was it about?"

"It was..." Her cheeks reddened as she thought about it. "About you saying that you like me.." Touka looked down.

He coughed and muttered under his breath. "I really did say that though.."

"Y-you did?" Excitement was in her voice. "Why the sudden change in your feelings towards me?"

"Well I already was in love you but I just didn't realize it until Hide told me. I am really dense about these kind of stuff since a long time ago."

"T-then are we a couple now?"

Kaneki scratched his head. "I suppose we are."

The two sat there in silence before she gathered the courage to speak. "Can I touch your head? Ah but it's okay if you don't want to.."

"Sure." He lowered his head to allow easier access to her. Touka raised her hand and reached for his head. Upon touching his head, she withdrew her hand before trying again. Running her fingers through his black hair, it was soft, as she had imagined it to be.

Kaneki closed his eyes. It was a very comfortable feeling; being touched on the head by someone. Especially by someone whom he likes.

"Can I call you by your first name?" He asked.

Her hand ceased in its actions. "Yes please." She wants to hear him call her by her given name.

"...ouka."

"Touka." He used his arm to cover his pink cheeks. It's not his first time doing this but it's somehow very embarrassing.

"Mm. I want to call you by your first name too."

"Go ahead."

"..Ken."

Kaneki leaned forward to press his lips lightly on hers. Wanting to be closer, he placed his hand at the back of her head, deepening the kiss. Touka's hands moved from his hair to rest on his shoulders.

They separated to breathe again and they leaned their foreheads together, laughing. Their hands intertwined, warm to the touch.

^ from sword art online (for those who don't know-)