13

"You're out here again?"

The sides of her mouth curved up to a small smile as Touka felt strong arms wrap around her waist. "The breeze here is really calming."

"That's true. But wear something thicker next time, I don't want you catching a cold and scaring me." Kaneki said and she giggled.

• • •

"What were you thinking about?" He questioned.

"About my parents."

He remained silent. "If you had a chance to return to your kingdom, would you go back?"

She pondered about the question for a few seconds. "Hm.. As much as I miss my parents, I don't want to go back. I want to stay here with you."

Kaneki hugs her tighter. "..Thank you."

• • •

"Say why are you guys stealing from rich countries like mine?" Touka turned around to face him and asked.

"There are many other people out there who are starving and in need of money. We give the money to them for them to buy food, clothes and shelter. Of course we also take some of the money to buy necessities."

"Boss! We're reaching Polwer town!"

The pirate turned to his subordinate and nodded before facing her again. "You'll see soon."

The ship docked at the town's dock. Touka could hear cheering from downstairs and when she peered over the ledge, she saw many people waving and smiling at them.

They got down from the boat and the view she saw was amazing; people smiling and laughing, cheering for Kaneki as they walked past.

Children ran up to them and held up food of all sorts; bread, sweets, fruits. Women filled the sides; asking the men whether they needed "special" services in which only Kaneki refused. The men and the elderly bowed down to them, as a form of respect.

But what she was seeing right now was not the full picture. In this town, only some of the people have a better quality of life. Others still had to wait.

"Come with me." Kaneki took Touka's hand and led her down an alley leading to a worn down part of the town. The view was very much different from the previous one. It was very dirty, with litter scattered everywhere.

Skinny and malnourished children were walking around with torn clothes and no shoes, while some did not even have clothes. They saw Kaneki and Touka and started running up to them, holding their dirty hands out, begging for food.

The princess felt her heart shatter into pieces as she saw the children before her, kneeling on the floor, begging. She squatted down and passed the basket she was holding that contained many food to the children. "Share with everyone, alright?"

"Thank you, big sister!!!" The children all smiled and ran off with the food excitedly.

Touka threw herself into Kaneki's arms and leaned her head onto his chest, holding in her tears. "This is horrible..."

"We are trying to help these kind of people and that's why we steal from rich kingdoms. These people need the money more than we do."

"Mm. They really do..."

She had no idea that these kind of things are happening outside the castle. She assumed everyone was living a good life.

He pushed her away gently. "Touka I need to take care of something first so in the mean time, could you walk around alone?" He places a bunch of notes in her hands.

"Here's some money, use them to buy items that you need or want. Remember to stay away from these places and stay at the main town where all the shops are. I'll meet you later, alright?"

She nodded. He used his thumbs to wipe away her tears and kissed her cheek before going off.