Chapter 31

Chapter 31: I don't like needles

I tried to not think about that kiss that happened between me and Aiden. However, As soon as I went to bed last night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. He said he cared about me. He really cared about me.

So, I came to the conclusion that Aiden might have a slight crush on me. I mean, why else would that have happened? I'm not even sure.

I actually called Jackson in the middle of the night because the thought was eating me alive.

"Corey, for your sake, this better be good or else, so help me, I will pummel you into the ground." He sounded tired and sick.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. "It is good. I'm in the middle of a crisis!" I whined to him.

"You're lucky I like you." He sighed. "Now, what's the problem marshmallow?"

"Okay, I think that there's a possibility that Aiden might have a slight crush on me." I told him. There was a pause over the phone. I thought he was going to burst out laughing but his response surprised me.

"Well, it's about damn time!" What the actual fuck? What did he mean 'it's about damn time'?!

"Jay, what are you taking about?"

"I don't mean to brag or anything but I knew it all along." He sounded proud of himself. "I'm really good at reading people, Corey. Other people might not have noticed it, but it was perfectly clear to me that Aiden had some feelings for you." My mouth dropped open. I just got an idea about Aiden liking me and now I'm finding out that Jackson knew all this time. "I'm really surprised you didn't figure it out yourself. You're really oblivious when it comes to him."

I was going to defend myself but then I thought about it. Now that I have it some thought, Jay might be right. That explains a lot actually. The sexual gestures, the little romantic moves, and why he found a lot of time to spend with me.

Wow.

"Well, thanks Jay. It might've been a good idea to tell me earlier don't you think?" I asked him sarcastically.

"You know that's not how I roll, marshmallow. You know, I should really study in that human behavior shit. I'd make a fortune." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, thanks Jay. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, marshmallow."

After that, I stayed up thinking about it more until I eventually fell asleep.

Right now, I was eating breakfast downstairs and Aiden was on his way with all his stuff. We decided to skip school today. Him living here should be fun. Yay.

Jessie walked into the kitchen and stopped and stared at me. I just stared back while shoving a spoon full of cereal in my mouth. "You know its like Eleven o'clock, right?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yes. I'm having breakfast at eleven. Is there a problem?" I rose my eyebrows back. I could tell he wanted to argue with me but he let out a heavy exhale and didnt say anything.

Instead he said, "Remember, you have a doctors appointment today." I paused and looked at him with panic. He just smirked.

"Jessie," I whined getting up. "Don't make me go, there going to stab me and then I might die!"

He rolled his eyes. "Stop over exaggerating; it's just a shot. Plus, Aiden's taking you." He started making his way to the living room and I followed him.