Chapter 4

Chapter 4: I don't like Detention

I angrily went to Ms.Patterson's room with a frown on my face. I was not happy. Not happy at all. To say I was mad was an understatement. I was Furious, Livid, Vexed, Irritated, Crossed. You get the point. I've absolutely had it with Aiden. Sure I wrote on his car. Sure it was a Porsche. However, he locked me in a tight closet...for two hours! How I got out you may asked? Well I had to wait until the freaking janitor came at dismissal! I missed all of my classes and was probably going to get lectured because I 'skipped'.

I came across Ms.Patterson's room and opened the door. "Have a seat Ms.Hale and remember no talking." She said to me. I made my way to the back of the classroom. I never had detention in my life. It's funny how in one day, I managed to skip classes, and disrupt two of them. It was all because of him.

I sat down in one of the seats in the back and and put my head down just wishing I was home. I wanted this day to end already. However I had another dinner with their family. AGAIN. It's funny how our moms got along so well while we didn't get along at all. I heard the door open and immediately knew who it was.

"Take a seat Mr.Praxston, no talking." I heard the teacher say. I felt Aiden sit next to me but I refused to raise my head. Aiden poked my side.

"Hey, are you crying?" I could hear the amusement in his voice. I didn't know if I should ignore him or snap at him. All I knew was that right now, I needed to be away from him. When I didn't reply, he poked me again.

"You know Corey, I don't know why your so upset; seeing the fact that I just got you back for what you did to me." He seemed bored. I couldn't take it anymore. I raised my head and looked at him.

"You know Aiden, it's pretty clear that we don't like each other. Today was enough for me to say that we need to just stop." Aiden raised an eyebrow at me. "No more bitchy comments, no more pranks, no more teasing, no more looks, no more anything. You worry about your life and I'll worry about mine. We don't even have to talk to each other okay??....." Aiden looked at me surprised. I don't know where that came from myself. I guess today just set me off edge.

Without waiting for his response, I put my head back on the table, trying to forget about today.

***************
I guess I fell asleep because when I opened my eyes everything was foggy. I wore contacts because I could never handle glasses. I'm a really clumsy person, so I decided not to go down that road. However, I still had a pair just in case.

When my vision cleared up I saw that was in a car. What the hell? I was laying down in the backseat in a  cradled position. The last thing I remember was telling Aiden to stay out of my life. I slowly sat up.

"Oh you're awake." A voice caught my attention. My eyes adjusted to Aiden driving the car I was currently in. My previous question come back to mind. What the hell?

"Why am I in your car?" My voice coming out terrible. That always happens when I fall asleep. I sound like an old lady that smokes a lot. You know when you scream too much and  you lose your voice? Something like that. It also happens when I'm scared, sick, and sometimes when I tell a really bad lie.

Aiden looked at me from the rear view mirror. "You fell asleep in detention. You were out so cold we couldn't wake you up, so Ms.Patterson suggested I take you home since I'll be over there later." He responded. "By the way, why do you sound like your on drugs?" He chuckled.

"Ha Ha, you're a comic genius..." I imitated Lenny from Shark Tale. I love that guy. I don't know why I was talking to Aiden. I swore that I would just stay out of his life and him out of mine. Maybe I was over reacting. Was I? I don't think I could apologize to Aiden. He'll probably laugh in my face and that would only get me more angrier. I was about to say something when he beat me to it....

"About today..." He started off kind of....nervous?? Aiden Praxston was nervous? "I just wanted to say, I'm sorry....for everything." I had no words. When I finally found my voice, the only thing that came out was in a whisper.

"Holy Shit.."