Prolouge

Note: The first seven chapters are short but I promise chapter 8 and after will be so much better.

•••
"Corey!!" I ignored my mother and pretended like I heard nothing.

"Corey come down right now; I know you hear me!" I groaned and slowly made my way downstairs. I steeped into the kitchen to find my mother trying to speed up her pace as she was preparing for yet another dinner with her friend and who I liked to call the Spawn of Satan.

"Mom stop stressing. You already know that everything will be fine and everything will turn out perfect. Unless the little pest is coming then we are all doomed." I stated as my mother gave me a pointed look.

"Please at least try to get along today. I know you two don't like each other but you guys really should be used to each other by now."

Used to his ugly face, yeah.

"I'm sorry, but it's just that he just sits there" I made a face. "And breathes. You can't expect me to keep my mouth shut."

"Just please go get ready before they arrive." she laughed.

I replied an 'okay' and made my way back to my room. I was still dressed from school but i changed anyway to plaid button up shirt and I just kept my jeans on. That's all I needed to do besides, it's not like I needed to impress anyone. This happens almost all the time. I could literally show up in my pajamas; even though my mom would care, I'm sure Ms.Praxston wouldn't mind.

I was in my room watching TV while waiting when I heard the doorbell. "Corey get the door I'm in the bathroom!" My mother screamed from across the hall. Classy.

I went down the stairs and opened the door to find Ms.Praxston standing there. I noticed that Aiden wasn't behind her. Aiden's not here? This night might not be that bad.

"Hey Ms.Praxston come in." I greeted her with a smile.

She smiled back. "Hey Corey how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. You can wait in the living room until my mom is ready."

She smiled at me again and made her way to the living room. As I was about to shut the door, someone's foot stopped me from doing so. I quickly looked up and saw the ugly beast that just ruined my day by giving me false hope. "Eww." I spat as he just rolled his eyes. Aiden Praxston was probably the only thing in life that I hated with a passion. Sure I didn't like some things but he was just.......

"Nice to see you too Hobbit." He said widening the door and pushing past me not even even waiting for me to respond.

I guess you can say I am a hobbit compared to Aiden. He was about 6'4 and I was like 5'5. He used to use his height as an advantage when it came to teasing me when we were younger. Yup, I've know Aiden for a long time. Unfortunately.

I rolled my eyes and headed for the living room where the Spawn and his mother were watching TV. I sat on the opposite couch. We soon heard my mom come down stairs. As she greeted them we all made our way to the dining room.

On our way there, someone stepped on the back of my shoe causing me to stumble. I turned and faced the person that almost made me break my nose.

"You walk way to slow. Speed it up." Aiden smirked. I bit my tongue and turned around. I continued to walk as I thought 'This is going to be a long night'.