Chapter 16: Side Character

Kira's POV:
I was back at the Akatsuki hideout and waited for one of them to come out knowing they would sense my presence.

Itachi appeared in front of me and showed me the hand signs to open the entrance. I copied the exact same and went inside. One of the members that I had never seen before had a lollipop mask on and jumped excitedly in front of me.

"Oi!Oi! We have a new member joining Scarecrow?!" He yelled so loud that even my ears started to bleed. Well he's going to be very annoying...

Pain walked out from some dark place in a corner. Just like a stalker.

"As according to the deal, you will be trained secretly under us. First, we must test all skill sets with battles representing each one. This will help us determine how to train you and what to train you." He said with his blank cold eyes as always.

With the same eyes I said "When will these battles take place?" "Tomorrow morning at sunrise." With that he walked back to his office and the only female member Konan walked up to me and all of a sudden started to hug me and swing me around.

"*screams, I can't wait to hang out! I mean, there's never been another girl around at all! I've been stuck here having to clean up after these guys and their pitiful useless antics. I'm just happy that your here now although you're only staying for 3 years."

"I'll look forward to hanging out with you too." I replied while smiling slightly even though she couldn't see it.

After introductions and some members attacking me at first notice Konan finally brought me to my room that I'll be staying in. I finished unpacking my things in about 30 minutes.

Time really does fly by when your lost in thought...

I went back out to the kitchen. Itachi as expected was sitting in a highly mannered way reading a book in a chair. Deidara (one of the people who attacked me when I got here) was sitting on the side of the couch playing with his bomb like bird. Kakazu was counting money at a table and Kisame was sitting at the table across from Kakazu eating sushi.

Kisame is without a doubt cruel.

I didn't see Konan or any of the other members. So not really caring I went outside to the training area and walked around. The sun was setting already.

This gives me an idea.

I ran across the walls to the top of the hideout. The hideout was basically a small mountain with a ginormous rock as an entrance.

I sat down with my legs in front of me and my arms behind me holding me up. I could still see the sunset which was very peaceful with no disturbances. At these types of moments I like to think about what's happening in my life and just try to solve conflicts that happen to form.

Sitting up here has made me realize that my family has broken apart. First, my clan was slaughtered except for my two brothers. Then, Orochimaru had to swoop in and break the family up even more.

Truly sad isn't it? In my whole life I only had a few people who cared for me. But, they were soon taken away permanently except for two people. But of course, that relationship had to be broken leaving three siblings who each suffer alone.

One suffering with a dark path, another suffering with regrets and a life changing lie, and lastly, one who suffers to find true love and happiness. I'm not even sure if Itachi still cares. Probably only for Sasuke anyway.

I'm just the side character that gets in the way trying to find a place when she knows there isn't...

The sun was not in sight anymore. There were only stars out now. I laid down with my arms below my head staring above at the stars. Stars don't have to worry about these things. They always have someone to shine with unlike me.

A side character...

Who tries to find happiness...

Even though there isn't any...

Who tries to find her place...

When there's none...

Lately I've been thinking about these sort of things. The cause of this is how my life is falling. And how it all started. It's like fate is just trying to prove my existence was a mistake. That I'm just an extra that tries to fit in. Nothing more.