Chapter 11: The Truth...

~At the hokage's office

I was in front of the hokage's door and knocked twice. I heard a faint "come in" and went in to report my assignment. After I reported everything that happened the hokage was chuckling at how dense the shinobi were at recognizing one of the disguised genin that even the hokage himself told them about.

After that I left his office and went to do what ever I wanted since the hokage said I wasn't needed anymore. I felt this sudden but faint aura coming from the Forest of Death where the second part of the exams were going to be held. I felt suspicious that it was an enemy which was most likely possible since our village lets down security during chunin exams.

Feeling in the mood to fight I head towards the Forest of Death and secretly hid in the shadows. The exams had just started and everyone was already inside. I quickly followed the aura to find a feminine creepy looking man. He was fighting my team but they were barely keeping up.

Should I interfere and help or are they none of my business? I was going back and forth to decide what to do until I heard a blood curling scream. I realized it was Sasuke's and felt a pang of pain in my chest when I saw his eyes. So full of fear and terrified. Just like how I felt when I saw the bodies of my clan...

I felt so much pain in my left eye all of a sudden but I couldn't feel it due to my anger towards that man. I felt blood dripping down my face and realized I had  unlocked Mangekyou. I focused on who I learned to be Orochimaru and bursted ameratsu flames on him.

He screamed in agony and melted. He became another person and was right in front of me. I quickly summoned my burning flames cage and he was trapped. I intensified the cage so the flames would swallow whoever was inside by whole and chain them down inside so they couldn't move.

When I released the jutsu he was just barely hanging on. One of his supposed comrades came and they escaped due to my lack of chakra. That felt good. I told sakura to take Sasuke and Naruto somewhere and keep them safe. She quickly nodded and left. I teleported outside of the Forest of Death. I wish them luck. They're gonna need it desperately.

I headed to training grounds 7 since no one was around. I tried to activate my Mangekyou to see if I can control it and it worked perfectly. For the next couple of hours I kept on training my Mangekyou.

After training I was completely drained of chakra and decided to eat a bit. I walked around the village replenishing my chakra.

While walking I had an idea that I could do right about now. I decided I was going to sneak into the underground library located inside the hokage building. That was wear the secret scrolls of the village were and its history.

~At the library

I managed to sneak in easily because of my anbu attire. Now I was looking into scrolls of Itachi Uchiha. I couldn't find anything by his missions. I decided to see if there was any other place with scrolls of each ninja. I looked around for a bit until I came across a suspicious shelf.

I could sense that there was chakra behind it but small amounts. I tried to move the shelf but it wouldn't budge at all. I decided to use my Sharingan to see what was behind. I saw scrolls with chakra in them! I analyzed the shelf carefully until I spotted a certain book. It looked as if it was made of plastic and was hidden behind all the books in the back. I grabbed it and opened it. It may have seemed normal to a regular eye but if you had a special eye kekei genkai that allowed you to see more thorough you would notice the very thin layer of chakra on the book. I released the genjutsu easily and when you opened the book you would see a key.

I picked up the key and looked around the shelf for a key hole. I noticed a small spot of the shelf on the side covered with another genjutsu and released it.

It had a key hole so I put the key in and twisted. I heard a loud click and nothing happened. I tried to push the shelf again and it was so light! I easily pushed he shelf away to reveal a metal door.

Something must be very important for it to have so much hidden protection. I twisted the medal wheel like nob and was stuck. I added chakra and it opened slowly.

Once I had opened the door slowly due to the loud noise it made I walked inside. There were shelves on each wall filled with organized scrolls. It seemed that this hasn't been used for a decade.

I looked for any scroll concerning Itachi and saw one and polled it out. The label had said "CLASSIFIED FOR V.I.P ONLY".

I opened that scroll wondering if this actually involved the Uchiha Massacre. I started reading and it said

Mission completed by: Itachi Uchiha
Assigned Mission: Exterminate Uchiha
Clan due to Coup D'état attack against
Leaf Village. Allowed sparing of 2 siblings.

Assigned By: Third Hokage and
Danzo Shimura

At this point I couldn't hold back my tears. I was angry at the hokage and Danzo. I understood the reasoning but to force Itachi to kill his own clan. They could've resorted to something else but they had to choose the massacre. I stopped my tears and stood up from the floor.

I...knew the truth. I traced back my steps that showed I never went into that room. I had completed half my goal at that point. I had my answers. But how was I going to stop Sasuke. Wait, I can't tell anyone about this. If I tell Sasuke now he would want to attack the village. But they never did anything wrong. Even if I was mad I understood their reasoning. They had no other choice but that.

Now all I had to do now was get stronger but that wasn't really a goal at all. My goal... I wasn't sure anymore. I had switched my goal two times but I don't know my goal anymore at all. I....have no goal.