Ch.18- Just Friends

Start from the beginning

"You don't remember talking to Toby?"

"I remember talking to someone but not Toby"

"As long as you're okay now"

"I am. But I don't think she actually wanted to hurt me. Charlotte has a soft spot for me"

"I know I do", I said rolling my eyes at myself for sounding so cheesy. "But I still don't understand why she took you"

"Know what I think?"

"What do you think?"

"She didn't want to see us together"

"Why would you think that?"

"Didn't you two have a thing or whatever"

"I mean yeah sorta but it's not like we were in love or something"

"Maybe you weren't in love"

"I don't know. Let's just stop talking a oh it now"

"What? Love?"

I rolled my eyes playfully but her face remained serious. "What's wrong with love?"

"Nothing"

"Emily I'm being serious. Just talk to me"

"Don't you want to rest? It's been a long day"

"I'm fine. Now talk to me"

"There's nothing wrong with love. At all. Honestly I've seen people who were in love and it's absolutely beautiful, I wanted the same thing. I would've had the same thing a long time ago if I wasn't so scared"

"Scared? Of what?"

"I wasn't scared but i just didn't want to jump into something and then one of us gets hurt"

"So this is about us"

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"I don't know just for-"

"Not being in love with me?"

"I never said that"

"But-"

"I said I was scared. The minute I found out you were gone, something inside of me just clicked. I had already loved you long before this but that was the old Ali. This new Ali had to take some getting used to but then I realized you were the same. You're the same Alison I fell in love with at 14 years old. She just matured I guess. So yes I do love you but I'm not going to tell you that just yet"

"Oh my god you're such a dork. You just told me"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I love you. Emily Fields"

"And I love you Alison Fields"

Ali scrunched up her face and said, "That would've been really cute if it sounded right. Maybe Emily Dilaurentis?"

"That actually does sound a lot better", I said beaming at her. She slowly inched forward but I couldn't resist so I grabbed her face and crashed my lips into hers.