That was risky, trying to awaken Rose. Why hadn't I forcefully done so, it would have been quicker and easier. I should have known she wouldn't ever agree. She was being stubborn and stupid about it, that was all there was to it. I had been too lenient and hopeful, which had caused this. Not to mention all the false things I had said about not wanting to awaken when I was a dhampir. Why didn't she listen to me now if she did then, why didn't she understand?

Sure I did earn the position I had longed for, but it would have been better with Rose. The amount of things she would have been capable of, what we together would have been capable of. She didn't understand, she won't ever be able to understand. If I find her, I can't let her live. I may just have to kill her. No awakening, just dead. I put myself in such a big risk, I can't do that again. I'll just have to be alone, or find someone else.

The most puzzling thing about our fight was my last moments. I had been so happy to die, but why? What had happened to me in those last few seconds? I wasn't myself, I'm well aware of that. I wouldn't ever say such selfless things. Something wasn't right, I don't think this would ever happen to other Strigoi. It was something about Rose, something that had transformed me into the being I once was. And it scared me. She scares me.

A human knocked on the door, bringing me back to the present. "Come in." Inna stepped in with dark puffy eyes, staring at the ground. "What is it?" I growled.

"Umm . . ." She hesitated, but decided to continue. "I don't want to work here anymore, I'm going to leave."

"Hmm . . ." I considered.

"You killed Nathan." She shook violently, mumbling. Tears streamed down her cheek as she stared at the ground. I made my decision as soon as those words left her mouth. She had spoken so quietly, I doubt she knows I heard her.

"You don't have to work here then." That gave her hope, she looked up surprised. I lunged forward and bit her. She can now join him, I thought bitterly. I finished her quickly and dropped her pale body.

I sat back down, feeling better. The burns had completely healed now, there was no traces that could have ever hinted those burns had been inflicted in the first place. I licked my lips desperate for more blood, but I had to wait. I stared out of the window, longingly. The sun seemed to burn even brighter, mocking my hunger.

I looked away. I knew all I could do was plot to kill Rose. She was the only threat, and who knows, maybe (if she finds out I'm alive) she'll plot to end me once and for all. She was that skilled and dangerous that I couldn't---

The door burst open. A group of at least five Strigoi rushed into the room, all speaking at once. They glared at me, eyes were bright crimson red and filled with pure rage and hatred. Their stares were cold and unforgiving. They flashed their fangs at me and all stood defensively, ready to attack. I stood up, outraged by their lack of respect. I returned the frosty stare, my expression held no emotion, clearly unafraid.

"What are you doing here? I didn't give you permission to enter my office. Get out!" I roared. I made sure to emphasis 'my' and spoke with authority. I was angry by their sudden outburst but it was the fact that I had been beaten by a dhampir, that mainly fed my anger. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I had been lucky to survive that. And Rose wasn't at her strongest when she almost killed me. I took down so many Strigoi at once and I couldn't handle one dhampir.

"You killed Galina!" They all shouted, almost at the same time.

"Yes, I did." I confessed, unashamed. "But that doesn't mean you get to barge into my office without permission."

"It's not your office." A male with short blonde hair retorted. He had clearly been affected greatly by Galina's death, compared to the others. His expression conveyed nothing but rage and his glowering glare was focused on me.