Chapter 28

~Katy's POV~

By the time I turned into my street, it was already dark outside. My hands were burrowed deep into my pockets so they wouldn't freeze and I hummed one of my favourite songs by Pink so I wouldn't end up thinking too much about Niall. The closer I got to my house, the louder I could hear someone curse under their breath. I looked up and saw on the front porch, lightened up by a few lamps that stood in front of the door, Zayn. He stood in front of the door, his face pressed against the glass of the window and trying to look inside the house. He ran a hand through his hair before he continued swearing and fished his phone out of his pocket. I could see the frown on his face when the light of the screen beamed up at him. He dialled a phone number and only a matter of seconds later, I heard the familiar sound of my ring tone blast through my ears. Zayn obviously heard it too as his head snapped in my direction and a look of relief washed over his features. 

He ended the call and everything around us was silent again as he ran over to me. He was only a few feet away by now and I couldn't help but smile. He came closer and closer and when he stood right in front of me he engulfed me in his arms. I hugged back and nuzzled my head against his chest. I was pressed so hard against him that I could hear his heart beat. He kissed the top of my head and we stood there for a few minutes, just enjoying having each other this close. But when he finally pulled away, a frown had taken over his features. I looked at him with a questioning look when he tucked a loose string of hair behind my ear.

"Where were you?" He asks, almost whispering. I closed my eyes as his hot breath tickled my face. I grow confused at his question. Didn't he knew where I was? didn't Niall tell him we were hanging out?

"You don't know?" I ask and watch as he mimics my expression. He frowns deeper and his eyebrows furrow together as he strokes with his thumb over my cheek. He seems to be thinking before shaking his head no. "Didn't Niall tell you?" I ask him even more confused and even a bit upset. How could Niall not tell my boyfriend we were hanging out? What if he was mad at me now because I did not tell him? He looked pretty pissed by now and I waited for him to say something. 

"So you were with Niall?" He asked, trying not to sound upset but I know he is. I nodded courtly and my gaze wanders towards the ground. I'm a bit embarrassed that I spent time with Niall and not even answered Zayn's texts, even if he's my boyfriend and Niall is the one I should be avoiding. Zayn warm fingers under my chin force me to look up at him again and his gaze is so intense that I can't look away. He closed his eyes for a second before locking his eyes with mine again and offering me a sympathetic smile and I shot him one back. "How was it?" He asked, sounding interested.

I shrugged at first, not knowing if I should tell him what exactly happened only a few minutes ago. I decide not to but my feelings have planned something else and I feel myself tear up a bit but I hide it when I wrap my arms around his torso and hug him tightly. He hugs back, but I know that there's one question that he wants to ask: where's Niall now? 

That's the one thing that also plays in my mind over and over again. I hope he's alright, but he better not come near me again without my permission. I hope he's alright and understands that I couldn't just be with him alone anymore. What he did was really romantic and cute, but he forgot that I have a boyfriend. Doing things like these to a taken girl is really low and I hope he knows that he may have ruined our friendship. But for now, I don't really want to think about it and just enjoy the warmth Zayn's body is giving me.

I feel his lips press to the top of my head as he squeezes me one last time then pulls away from our hug. His arms are still wrapped around my waist and mine lay on his shoulders. I can see how much he wants to know what happened tonight, but I don't think that I can already tell him everything. I don't want to ruin his friendship with Niall, but I also don't want him to think that I keep things from him. I decide to tell him, but simply not tonight. I can imagine how hard it must be for him not to ask uncomfortable questions and I'm really happy that he tries so hard, so I'm going to tell him what I know about Niall. I look up at him and drop my head to the side before speaking up.

"I don't know where Niall is. We kinda got in some sort of a fight and then I left him alone on the playground." I tell him and drop my head on his chest, breaking our eye contact. I feel Zayn caressing the small of my back but not saying anything. I'm realy glad he respects me and doesn't push the subject. I shiver slightly as a cold breeze hits me and Zayn notices it immediately and lifts my head up to look at me again.

"Are you cold?" He asks a bit concerned and I nod. He pulls his jacket off and lays it over my shoulders. The warmth engulfs me and I feel really comfortable. Zayn stands in front of me now with only a thin withe shirt on and the last thing I want is that he catches a cold now. I try to argue with him and push his jacket off of my shoulders and want to give it back to him, but he steps back as I want to lay it over his shoulders. I roll my eyes but step forward anyway and try to put him his jacket on again, but he backs off again, smirking. I try to look annoyed, but I can't keep the smile off of my face as I chase after him, trying to get him to wear his damn jacket. Just as we both arrived at my front porch and Zayn has no where left to run, I smirk at him and I can see the humor glistening in his eyes. I'm about to throw his jacket at im when he steps closer and there's absolutely no space left between us. Our faces are only inches apart and I close my eyes, ready to feel Zayn's soft lips on mine. 

I wait a few seconds for the tingling sensation, but when I realise that Zayn isn't going to kiss me, I open my eyes again and see him standing in front of me, leaning against the front door. He has a giant smirk on his face and it grows even more when my cheeks start to flush. I look at the ground in embarrassment and don't notice Zayn who isn't standing at the door anymore. He's standing incredibly close now and when I look up I can feel his hot breath on my face. This time I don't close my eyes and wait for him to close them. When he does, a mischievous grin replaces the sweet one I had only seconds before. His face comes closer and closer to mine but before our lips can touch, I take a step backwards, making Zayn kiss the air. I broke into laughter and need to hold my stomach from laughing so hard. Zayn is now looking at me with a small grin and I can tell that this whole situation is fun for him too. Maybe not as fun as for me, but also pretty fun. 

I was still laughing and now Zayn came towards me. I can't trick him again, because I need to kiss him now. I want to feel his soft lips on mine and feel the butterflies go crazy. When he was right in front of me, he grabbed my hips and pulls me as close as we can possibly get, erasing even that last bit of space between us. Then he grazed into my eyes and licked his lips seductively. He stares at my lips before smashing his on mine. We start kissing sweetly and Zayn gabs my hips harder as I snake my arms around his shoulder and locking my fingers in his hair. I open my mouth slightly, but before the kiss can get heated, the sound of a door smashing shut breaks us apart. We both try to catch our breath as we look around us, trying to find where the noise came from. 

It came from my right, so it must've come from Niall's house. I hope it wasn't Niall himself, but just one of the other boys that just came home or something. But even if it had been Niall, he couldn't be mad or something just because I kissed my boyfriend. I am the one who's upset and not Niall. I decide not to let that small incident ruin the rest of the evening. So I invite Zayn in to watch a movie with me. He gladly accepts and so we both end up snuggled up together on the couch, watching Finding Nemo. 

As much as I want to enjoy having Zayn this close to me, I can't help but think of Niall when he sang for me. It was really beautiful and sweet, but it wasn't right. It just did not feel right, and I can't change that feeling. Another thing that keeps me from enjoying the night is that someone, maybe even Niall, observed me and Zayn and wanted us to break apart. If the person did not want us to stop kissing, she shouldn't have slammed that door shut. She could've just closed normally and not disturbing us. 

Why keeps everything being this complicated?

________________________________________________

Update! I hope you liked the chapter and you vote for it!

And comment your ships (Kiall/Zaty), your ideas for the rest of the story or just completely random things!

Please tell your friends about this story, so I get more readers:)

Thanks and love you <3

~Catherine x