Chapter 12

~Katy's POV~

"Katy?" I heard the familiar voice asking.

Fuck.

I turned around and plastered a fake smile on my face. Niall was dressed in a pair of tight chinos, a withe shirt and a black blazer. Damn, he looked hot.

"Well..uh..hey." I said awkwardly looking at the ground.

He returned the smile, but stared at me intensely, searching for my gaze. After a little while, Nathan made an awkward 'ahem' noise and I stumbled back in his arms. He wrapped an arm around my waist, protectively, glaring at Niall. I could see that my date was jealous, an so was Niall's. She grabbed his wrist and pulled him to an empty table, away from ours. I sat down and Nathan did too. He looked at me with a jealous, confused expression on his face. I felt very uncomfortable under his gaze, but he wouldn't stop staring at me. After another while of an awkward silence, I decided to start a conversation.

"So, how was your day?" I asked, trying to pretend everything was okay. But Nathan didn't want to do small talk with me.

"Wasn't that the boy who punched me?" He asked and I almost choked on my water. He had recognised him.

"Uh..I..I don't know what you're talking about." I tried to smiled innocent, but he knew, he was right.

"You said, you didn't know him!" He whisper yelled at me and I could see he was furious. I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at my lap, ashamed, fiddling with my fingers and blushing. He pulled angry at his perfect styled hair. I never felt so ashamed. I though, he would never find out the Niall-and-I story and that we could have a relationship together without he knowing about my ex best friend.

"Katy, please tell me now, where did you know him from?" He asked, a little softer this time. He could see how uncomfortable I was and how much I didn't want to talk about that. But if I wanted be his girlfriend one day, I had to tell him. This was the perfect occasion.

"Well, it was about 12 years ago, when I moved from Dublin at Mullingar, because my dad had lost his job. I stepped inside my new home and a cute little 6 years old boy ran towards me. It was little Niall. We were inseparable and best friends till one year ago, when he left for the X Factor. He broke his promise as he didn't call me and ignored me. I was totally broken and depressed. Before a week, he came back and acted like nothing happened. But I was so hurt from his broken promise, that I didn't wanted to see him ever again. That's because I didn't told you about him, because I wasn't ready to talk about it. And that's Niall and I's story.." I sighed, and I didn't realised that I was crying until Nathan wiped my tears with his thumb away and gave me a sad smile. This gesture reminded me of Niall. The day he left, he'd do exact the same thing when I cried. Nathan obviously wasn't prepared on such a good excuse, why I didn't told him. He seemed lost in his thoughts, but after a few minutes he decided to answer my question from before I told him my story.

"My day was quite boring. How was yours?" He asked with a smile clearly visible on his lips. I chuckled and answered honestly "I was all the time occupied by preparing me for my very nice first date."

He had a smirk in his lips and told me "It was definitely worth it." He winked and I blushed. Suddenly I felt comfortably again in his company and I started really enjoying the date. He was very funny, cute and didn't started to talk again about Niall. It was a nice date and I completely forgot, that Niall was in the same room as I.

~Niall's POV~

I sat at my table and Sam was in the middle of telling me a story. I looked at her and realised, she wasn't even my type of girl. She was dressed like a slut, with her low-cut top and short skirt. She looked fit, but not as beautiful as the girl did, I was wanted to date: Katy.