Chapter 17

~Katy's POV~

I stepped out of the hot shower and wrapped a pink fluffy towel around me. My hair hang loosely around my shoulders and I pulled on some green yoga pants and a grey of the shoulder top. I put my wet hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. I was about to switch on the tv, when I heard the familiar sound of my phone ringing. I hopped up and searched my purse where I'd put my phone in. I pulled it out and answered it, not looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Katy! Oh my god, I'm so glad you finally pick up. Where were you last night? I'd lost you in the club." He said, his voice worried.

"Well.. I didn't felt good and was at home?" I said, but it came out more as a question.

"Oh..okay. Do you want to come over then?" He asked hopefully. I didn't wanted to go over and face Zayn. I mean, we'd slept together last night. What were we now? Were we a couple? Just friends? Friends with benefits? I was so confused.

"Well, Niall..you see.. I don't really want to come over.." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. Wow, it was pretty hard to told him that.

"W-what? B-but why?" He stuttered confused. "I thought we were friends now? And friends hang out together. Right?" I sighed, don't knowing what to say. I just needed time to think and to talk with Zayn.

"Maybe later." With that I hung up, sliding the phone in my pocket and sinking down on the floor, my head in my hands.

I sat there for a while, just thinking, when my phone vibrated again. I pulled it out and saw that I'd received a new message. It was from Zayn.

'Zayn: hey babe;) can I come over? xx'

I thought about it, but it was probably the best if we figured this out.

'Yes.'

I clicked send and stood up. A minute later I heard a knock at the door and opened the door up for Zayn. He smirked at me before stepping in.

"Hey babe." He winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"So..what do you want to talk about?" I asked, knowing exactly what he wanted.

"Well, I don't want things to be awkward between us. So..what are we Katy?" He asked, looking at the ground and blushing slightly. The cool Zayn had disappeared.

"I don't know. What do you want us to be?" I rubbed the back of my neck and looked at him questioningly.

He shrugged and sat down on the couch. I plopped myself down beside him. "I know that I don't want to be just friends.."

"Me too!" I said happily. His eyes lit up with happiness. He looked at me, before leaning in and kissing me. Our lips moved in sync and it was a sweet and passionate kiss. It was great. I felt the butterflies in my stomach going crazy and I pulled away, smiling.

"Katy. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked being all smiles. I nodded quickly and smashed my lips on his again. We broke apart when I heard someone swear under his breath. I turned my head and saw Niall standing in the middle of the living room.

"That's the reason why you wouldn't came over.." He said, hurt in his voice.

"Oh god, no! No, Niall. Zayn came over after you called." I tried to explain while I made space between Zayn and me.

"Katy, it's okay. Really." He said tried to look confident, but failed miserably. I felt guilty, but I didn't really knew why. Why did he even cared about that? I stood up and pulled Zayn up with me. I intertwined our fingers and Zayn smiled down at me. Niall stared at us in disbelief. "W-why are your fingers intertwined?" He asked furiously, clenching and unclenching his fists.

Zayn smiled proudly and gave my hand a tight squeeze. "She's my girlfriend now." Niall's jaw dropped at what Zayn just said and he rushed out of the door. What was his problem? I raised an eyebrow questioningly at Zayn who didn't seemed surprised at all by Niall's reaction. He tried to shrug it off by changing the subject, but I wanted to know what was wrong with Niall.

"Zayn, what was that?"

Zayn seemed bothered by this question and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Well..I can't tell you.." He said. I rolled my eyes at him and stomped out of the flat, trying to find Niall. I walked to his home and Harry opened the door.

"Hey Katy." He said, looking at the ground.

"Hey Harry. Is Niall here?" I asked trying to look past him in the living room.

"Yes, but I think it isn't the best idea if you come in.." He said, trying to make it less awkward.

"Well, I don't care what you think. I want to see him right now." I pushed past him and found Niall sitting on the couch, head in his hands and mumbling things under his breath. I cleared my throat,causing him to look up.

"Katy? What are you doing here?" He asked confused.

"Niall, what's wrong with you?" I asked waiting impatiently for his answer.

"N-nothing." He said standing up and trying to push past me. I grabbed his wrist and he turned around, facing me. His eyes were a little bit red, but I couldn't exactly tell if he'd cried.

"Niall. Tell me. Now." I said seriously. He tried to avoid my intense gaze. Before he could answer Zayn came into the living room where we were standing.

"Oh, babe. Do you want to take a walk?" He smiled and I turned my head to face Niall. He looked uncomfortable and I sighed, nodding my head.

"We're not done yet." I said to Niall as I exited the flat and entered in my own, grabbing a coat.

~Zayn's POV~

Katy closed the door behind her and Niall stood up, coming towards me. He looked furious and I was a bit afraid of Niall's reaction. He was really close now and I could see the anger in his eyes.

"What the fuck, Zayn?" He said trying to calm himself down. I looked at the ground not knowing what to say. I know that he loved her first, but that's cause he knew her first. Now he was mine and I wont let her go that easily.

"Niall. She told me that she didn't wanted to be just friends with me. And I feel the same way!" I told him honestly. The last thing I wanted is that he's mad at me. Our friendship is very important for me and I hope that he can accept that Katy an I are dating now.

"Zayn, you know that I loved her all my life and how happy I was when she finally forgave me my mistake! I thought that I had actually a chance and then you just lurch her." He said a little disappointed. I looked ashamed at the ground.

"Niall, I hope you can accept our relationship and that we can rest friends?" I said hopefully, but it came out more as a question. Niall became angry again and the next thing I knew was his hand on my face.

My jaw dropped as I realised what just had happened. Had Niall just slapped me?! What was going on? I was about to punch him back when someones hands grabbed my waist firmly and pulled me back. I turned around and faced an angry looking Katy. She obviously hasn't seen as Niall punched me, but just when I was about to punch him back.

I think this won't go out good for me..

____________________________________________________

Please vote and comment! It's an honour for me;)

What do you think will happen?

Bye <3

~Catherine x