Chapter 7

~Niall's POV~

"We need to talk." My voice was quiet, my eyes darting to the floor. I didn't want to look at her just yet, her cheeks were still tears stained and I wanted to avoid looking at the broken image in front of me for as long as I could. She obviously agreed, because she did't say anything, just sat down next to me with awaiting, big eyes.

Just when I was about to start our 'talk' she took a deep breath and spoke herself.

"Listen, Niall. I'm not going to tell you that what you did was a mistake, that you deserve all of this, but I just hope you know, that you broke me. I hope it haunts you forever that you were the reason for my nightly breakdowns and loneliness." She was staring intently at me, but I didn'r dare to look up up and meet her harsh gaze. I was about to apologize again, but she lifted her hand just in time to make it clear that she wasn't finished yet. "I-I can't even begin to explain how much you hurt me Niall. You destroyed our friendship along with everything else, and I'm sorry if this surprises you, but I'm not falling for your bullshit again. I'm done Niall, and I hope you realised that already before I told you."

I nodded my head slightly and waited for a while to see if she'd start talking again, but when she didn't, I took a deep breath and tried to get all of the things I wanted to tell her so badly to come out of my mouth as something that made sense, something that would make her forgive me. But I'd obviously waited too long for her liking, because she spoke up again.

"I thought about everything I did over and over, I read through all of our text messages, remembered all of our conversations, but I just couldn't find a single thing that I could've done wrong! I-I just don't understand, Niall. Can you tell me?" She looked at me with exasperated eyes, but again, I was avoiding her gaze. She didn't wait for my answer before continuing. "You promised me, Niall! You fucking promised me and then you go on and do shit like that. Do you even remember all the promises you made? probably not. But I do, Niall. I remember every single one of them, and let me tell you: you broke every single one."

Her eyes watered and it became more and more difficult to look away. Her gaze was demanding and I was weak. When the fist sob escaped her mouth, it became too much. I started crying too and put my head in my hands, trying to make her realise, that I as just as disappointed in me as she was. I didn't know what to say, but I knew I had to.

"Katy, I-I love you. Please don't do this." My voice cracked and more tears started to well up in my eyes, but I knew, that it was not proof enough that I was genuinely sorry. 

She jerked upwards, straightened her back and walked towards the door. She opened it and gestured towards it, waiting for me to catch on and leave. When I didn't get up, she made it even more clear, that she didn't want me here anymore.

"Niall, I want you to go now. It's over." The words seemed to pain even her, and I just couldn't help but hold on the the small amount of hope I had still left, but, when I got out of her flat and I heard her whisper behind me 'I don't love you anymore', I knew that it was over. 

I turned around one last time, thinking that I had nothing left to lose now, and I wound my arms tightly around her body, but before I could've got used to the feeling of having her close to me again, she pushed me away and outside the door. Then she slammed the door shut in may face and left me all alone with my thoughts. 

I sat down on the front porch and laid my head back against the door. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying to refrain myself from crying. Suddenly, I felt like the world had drowned me with everything that I had, and it hurt to know that it was over. That my last amount of hope was gone now, too.

And then I became tired.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I love you babe." I cooed in Katy's ear as she was sitting beside me. She turned her head and kissed me passionately.