Ahad...

Second in command...

He is the second in command...

Means all the killings, kidnappings, and everything; it happens under his watch.

He is aware of it. He must be... Means he... also approved the law by which they take Shareefabad's graduate students. Kanwal's head starts spinning. It was too much to take in. Suddenly, she feels disgusted with the man standing before her. She tried to take several steps back but was dragged back in place by her sleeve which is still in Ahad's hand.

"Leave me." Kanwal barely manages to choke.

"Kanwal, you don't have -"

"I said leave me, Mr Ahad Murtaza." This time her voice was firm, it even startled Ahad for a moment but he quickly regained his composure.

"I won't. Not until you say yes."

"Yes? To what? About marrying you?" Kanwal frowned. She was losing her calm, "Never, Mr Ahad. I will never marry a criminal. I will never marry you."

The scowl on Ahad's face deepened, "You realize what you are saying?"

"Yes, our engagement is broken off by my parents. Finally, I am able to understand the reason behind it." A tear rushed down from her eye, "And... now I accept it wholeheartedly."

"What do you mean?" Ahad's voice becomes deadly, as he stepped closer.

Kanwal gulped and say, "I will not go against my parents," She paused before saying, "I trusted you because my heart convinced me that you are not such a person. That's why I refused to believe others, but now... It's clear. I won't disobey my parents for you... for a person who abandoned his morals and humanity for power." Her voice may have come out monotonous, but her body is badly shivering from fear, unable to make eye contact with him.

Ahad never came this close to her. He stared into her face for a while, before leaning in, "You were mine, and you will always be mine, Kanwal. Keep this in your head... Do whatever your parents say until I get my hands on you." He whispered before leaving her sleeve and disappearing into the darkness.

Kanwal stared into space where he stood seconds ago. His voice made her tremble with fear. It wasn't the voice of Ahad she knew.

She breathed out loudly and turns to the direction where he went, hoping to see him one last time before they go their separate ways. But he was long gone.

"Allah Hafiz." A whimper escaped her lips and she made her way back to Mahnoor.

~*~

"We need more men, Moosa. We need more people who can work as our source of information from different fields of life." Ahad said in a very low voice, as he puts aside both his and Moosa's phone after taking out their batteries. It is to ensure the chance of their conversation being traced is lessened.

This was the time when their villa in Dubai wasn't constructed, so taking precautions are their first priority.

"We can use our sweepers for this purpose too." Moosa suggested.

"That's exactly what I don't want. Sweepers are our field workers, Moosa. Their training takes months of hard work and we have spent a huge amount of money to make them proficient in handling weapons. If we assign them this sort of work, their whole training will go to waste. Besides, it will get a lot of riskier if their background is disclosed." He paused for a moment. Taking a hint when Moosa didn't say anything, he continues, "We need people with a clear background. Who has no question marks in their previous lives. Such people can easily be sent to any field and any place of the world for job purposes and to collect the information we need."