The Flying Dutchman and the Aftermath of the War

It took a couple days but we finished, the Dutchman could now fly, and only those that are clear sighted could see it (we checked). We left Hephaestus' forge and made our way back to Greece, back to the doors of death. We were flying low and slow in order to test the controls and get the hang of things. We were about a quarter of the way back when I received a mind message of distress. "My lord, we have a problem." "What's wrong?" "The doors have opened and we are unable to close them." "Keep trying to close them we will be there as soon as we can, make sure not a single monster leaves." "Yes my lord."

Gamo

I turned to Jason. "All engines ahead full, the doors have been opened. Jason, looks like you'll be learning the hard way." "Don't worry my lord I can handle her." We sped up to 100 nautical miles per hour (about 120mph) and raced towards the doors, the whole time I hoped they could get them shut before we get there. When got over Rome, I received yer another mind message. "My lord, you're never going to guess who just walked out of the doors." "I swear if it's that damn Minotaur again." "No, it's Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase." "What!!! They were in Tartarus? How did they survive?" "I don't know, but you better get here soon, Gaia has woken." "We just passed over Rome, give us two minutes."

     However, the battle was at its finale as soon as we arrived. I saw Leo Valdez sacrifice himself and his dragon so Piper McLean could use her charmspeak to put Gaia to sleep. Recognizing Leo's honor and bravery for doing so, instead of collecting his soul, I sent his body and soul to Ogygia, Aphrodite told me how much he loves calypso and how she returned the same. The reapers and I got off the Dutchman and began collecting souls of the dead, that's when I noticed my son, Jacob, was one of them. I knelt down to him and collected his soul, a tear running down my face as I did. I told the reapers I'd return shortly and flashed to the underworld, hades' castle to be more exact, I walked into the throne room and knelt before him. "Hades, my son perished in the war with Gaia." "I'm sorry for your loss, I will make sure he goes to Elysium." "Actually sir..." "You wish to make him a reaper I'm guessing." "Yes of course, he'll make a fine lieutenant." "Fine, do you have Jacobs soul?" I took my sons soul and manifested it. "What? Dad, what's happening?" "You died in the war and hades and I are making you a reaper and you will become my lieutenant." "Oh...if that is what you wish father." I smiled, I adopted him, making me his dad but I was not his father, I did not conceive him with his mother, however he had accepted me as if I did, and I was glad. "Lord Kapnos I accept being your lieutenant, and I will obey what you command and the laws of a reaper." Hades nodded. "Then let us begin." Hades and I reached out towards him and began chanting. He had a black glow around him, once we finished his body had returned and the glow faded. I also felt my powers of death drain from me. "Your powers from me have now doubled as well as your archery, this is what I've always wanted from you, thank you." "Thank you father, I'll make you proud." "The demigods have returned to their camps, I'm sure there will be a meeting of the gods soon." "Of course hades, come Jacob, time to introduce you to the reapers." We flashed to the Dutchman, where the reapers have gathered once they finished collecting all of the souls. "Attention on deck." Jason yelled to the rest. "As you were, reapers I have returned with news. My son will now be the lieutenant of the reapers." Cries of protest came from all of them. I rose my hand and they silenced. "You all know that my son perished in battle, I collected his soul and went to the underworld, now I introduce to you, you're new lieutenant, Jacob Reeves, son of Kapnos." He stepped forward and the reapers stood and saluted. He returned the salute. "At ease boys." He commanded. "Please treat him with the same respect you have me." With that I flashed to Olympus for the meeting to come.