The Rise of the Reapers

Just as Hera said Jason, piper, and Leo left camp on a quest without notifying me or Chiron, I didn't know where they were going but I didn't care at the moment, I knew it was to happen. At that moment I felt pain and suffering, but not from me, from dad. I teleported to the underworld and saw hades and nico fighting souls in order to keep them in the underworld, I quickly joined the fight. "WHAT HAPPENED!!!?!" I yelled. Hades replied, "Thanatos has been kidnapped, the doors of death are wide open." "Ok, I have an idea to slow them down but you have to let me into Elysium, and release 83 souls, you know which ones." Hades nodded in response before he snapped his fingers then continued fighting. "I'll be right back." I ran to elysium and was instantly greeted by all 83 argonauts, Jason at the front. "You are all alive again for now, dad has been kidnapped and is fading, I know that three Roman demigods are on their way to free him until then we need to help hades and nico fight off the souls trying to escape, understood?" They all cheered. "Very Well, let's go, and boys, it's good to have you back." "It's good to serve you again my lord." Jason said as we ran back to where hades and Nico were.

     We continued fighting for months, but the souls kept coming, many of the faces I recognized. I noticed that all the souls were those who got sent to the fields of asphodel, no one wanted to leave Elysium and it was impossible to escape the fields of punishment. "Everyone keep fighting!! Castor, Pollux (the originals, not Dionysus' kids) Heracles, Jason, come with me, we need to close those doors!!" I ordered. We charged for the doors, Heracles and the twins took one while Jason and I took the other. The door Heracles was able to move but barely thanks to his strength but even with me as a god, Jason and I weren't able to budge the door, we were able to give up when a sudden source of power rushed into me. We were able to close the doors with ease. But what I knew now made me both depressed and pissed off.

     My father, Thanatos, has faded.

     I told Nico to find Leo Jason piper and annabeth and to assist them. Then I flashed the Argonauts and I to Olympus and summoned a meeting. Once everyone arrived, before Zeus could say anything I gave the bad news. "Thanatos has faded." Everyone gasped in horror. "How do you know that? It can't be true, there's a war going on in the Middle East and people are still dying." Ares noted. "I know it because I have now become the personification of death, my father said that when he faded I would take over that exact moment. So I've called this meeting to notify you all of this and to asked to be relieved of my duty as camp director because of this situation." They talked for a moment the Zeus spoke. "Fine Kapnos you are no longer the camp director now why are the Argonauts currently here and why do they seem to be alive for the third time?" "The male Argonauts are to become members of my group to be known as the reapers, the females if Artemis agrees shall become hunters." I noticed Atalantas eyes widened with excitement when I said this. (A/N She was one of the female Argonauts, look it up.) "explain this group to me." Zeus ordered. "The reapers main duty will be to assist me in collecting souls, mainly because there are too many people in the world today, my father said so himself, also just like how the hunters are sworn to be maidens, the reapers are to obey the law you put on my father and I preventing us to love, date, have relationships and all that, basically Aphrodites Magic doesn't effect us because of the law. I will bless them all so they can shadow travel and be excellent archers, and also like the hunters you may call on us to aid in war or anything else." "I like the idea, I'll allow it, but what about your adopted son, Jacob?" "I sense that he will die before the final battle of the upcoming war, when that happens he will be brought back to life and will become my lieutenant." "Fine, i hereby note the founding of the reapers by Kapnos, God of death, tobacco, and liquor, patron of archery." At that moment I snapped and the male Argonauts clothes changed to a black and dark gray camouflage pants, black combat boots, a black and dark gray camouflage vest with their names just above the right breast pocket and matching parkas with their names on the right shoulder, they all had bows on their backs and swords on their hips. The bows were enchanted so when one pulled back on the string an arrow appeared already notched and ready to fire. At the same moment the female Argonauts walked of to Artemis and said the oath and their cloths changed to the hunters uniform. After all the other Olympians left, I blessed all of the reapers and teleported all of us to Central Park where we would be setting up camp for the night.