New name

I decided that I should hold a meeting with the Olympians and Percy and company, so I made my way to the throne room on Olympus, once I got there I took an arrow from my quiver and fired it into the air, it burst in a golden brown light and made the sound of a glass bottle breaking against a wall. Almost instantly the other twelve Olympians flashed in. "Davy Jones, why have you summoned a meeting?" Zeus asked in a harsh tone. "That's exactly why, I do not wish to go by that name any longer, it doesn't have the ring it had when I was reaping the souls of those lost at sea. I also wish for Perseus Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood, Nico di Angelo, and the Hunters of Artemis to join us here to discuss this." I demanded. "Fine." Zeus flashed the demigods into the throne room while Artemis flashed in her hunters. "What? Why are we here?" Percy asked. "Indeed, Mi'Lady why have we been brought here?" Thalia added. "I have asked you to join us in this meeting to help me figure out a new name, because I would like the opinion of my favorite heroes and Lady Artemis' hunters." I answered seriously. "Anyone else?" Annabeth asked. "Well since Lady Hestia is already here I would like her thoughts as well, if that's fine with you." "I would love to help, Davy." Hestia said with a bit of excitement. "Very well, let the meeting begin." Zeus commanded.

     "First of all, why the name change?" Nico asked. "My original name, Davy Jones, had a good ring to it while I was the reaper of the seas, it struck fear in sailors around the world. However, I believe it doesn't sound good when being addressed as 'Davy Jones, God of tobacco and Liquor, minor God of archery'." I answered. "So you want a name that'll fit with the domain of tobacco and liquor." Grover said. "Precisely." The gods and demigods along with the hunters thought for a moment. It was silent until Phoebe asked, "how about Bacchus?" "I believe that name is taken, thank you very much!" Dionysus exclaimed looking up from his wine magazine for once. Thalia hit her on the back of the head. "Ow!" "I have an idea." Hestia spoke up. "Well what is it, sister?" Poseidon asked. "Why doesn't every one write an idea for a name on a peace of paper and we draw them until we find a name that fits?" "That seems reasonable." Hera spoke. "Yes that's very wise." Athena added.
     Zeus snapped and every one had a pen and paper in their hands. "I wrote add a name to the drawing because if I could think of one I wouldn't have had to call this meeting." I said. They all wrote something down and their entries shrunk as they were placed into Annabeth's Yankee ball cap. "Who will draw first?" I asked. "I will, after all I am the God of gambling and this is a gamble like a lottery drawing." Hermes declared. He reached into the ball cap and mixed the names around. I can't remember what it was but I recall it being the Greek word for drunk. "Ok who wrote that?" I asked. Nico raised his hand. "Dam nico, why you gotta be so mean?" I saw Thalia and Percy try to hold back a laugh when I said that. "I'll draw next." Apollo said. He reached in and pulled it the peace of paper, he unfolded it, "oh that sounds interesting." "Well, what's it say, brother?" Asked Artemis. "Kapnos, as I recall that is the Greek word for tobacco." He replied. I decided to test it. "'Kapnos, God of tobacco and liquor, minor God of archery.' Yes, I like the sound of that." I said. "Does anyone disagree?" Zeus asked. Nobody spoke up. "Then it is decided, All Hail Kapnos, God of tobacco and liquor, and minor God of archery!" Zeus Declared. He slammed his bolt to the ground. "Council dismissed." With that everyone but the demigods flashed out. "Annabeth, will you notify Chiron and the other campers, I'm sure all the gods and other immortals have already been notified." "Yes Lord Kapnos." "Good, now let's head back to camp." I said as I held my arm out. They all grabbed on and we flashed to camp.