The Forge on the Docks

We sailed into New York harbor, I had the mist make us look like a yacht. I knew Hephaestus had a forge around here but I couldn't remember where exactly it was. See he doesn't like to reveal where his forges are but my father and I knew where some were thanks to mortals who would accidentally discover them and get burned to death. This one however no one has found as far as I know. We pulled along side a pier and moored the ship to it. "Ok, some of you stay with the ship, the rest of you split up and find the forge. Contact me if you find anything." I received choruses of "Yes M'Lord" and the reapers take off. I made it so they could mind message me when they find it and decided to go to Camp Half Blood to see how Jacob was doing. (A/N remember him? I haven't written anything with him in a while)

I flashed into the camp, I noticed it was around noon so everyone would be eating lunch, so I made my way to the dining pavilion. I walked in and sat at my table where Jacob sat. "You shouldn't sit here, only sons of Kapnos and descendants of Thanatos may sit here, and since I'm the only one, you should go." Jacob said not noticing it was me. "So the Lord of Death isn't allowed to sit with his son?" He looked up surprised. "DAD!!" He shouts as he jumps over the table to hug me. I chuckled and hugged him back. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "The reapers are searching for something in the New York harbor so I thought I'd visit you." "What are they searching for?" "One of Hephaestus forges, but what have all of you been doing?" "We've been training and getting ready for a battle against the Romans." "Ah yes, I believe I heard something about that, are you ready?" I ask even though I knew that battle won't happen. "Almost, Chiron says I could use some more sword training." "Well there's no such thing as too much practice. You know the twins and I have to practice archery too even though we are the patrons of it." "Really?" "Yes we do. So how's uncle D been treating you?" "He hasn't really been here, none of the gods have, no body knows why except maybe Chiron." I made a note in my head to talk with him. "Well get back to training I'll find you when I'm leaving." "Ok dad" with that he left to train.

I walked to the big house to speak with Chiron. I saw Will Solace in the porch. "Hello will." I greeted. "Hey Uncle K, how's being death going?" "Going well, how's being the camps Doctor going?" "The same, and you know, Jacob seems too good at archery for a mortal that was only blessed by you, just saying." "Archery was a hobby of his before he came here, so when I blessed him it must have boosted he skill at it." "Well I better check on some patients, good seeing you Uncle K." "You too, I'll be sure to tell Apollo his children say hello." I walked into Chiron's office. "Chiron we need to talk." "Ah Lord Kapnos how are you?" "I'm well, Chiron, but I know the other Olympians aren't, I've been away looking for my ship, how bad is it now?" "It's gotten much worse. They are changing more frequently and it's causing great pain to them. You are the lucky one. It doesn't effect you since you are still a new Olympians and not as old of a god as the rest. But it may also include the fact that half of your reapers are Roman as well, Artemis isn't effected as much but still effected greatly, I think it's because she has Roman hunters." I was about to reply when I heard in my head "my lord we believe we have found it" "Thank you Theseus, I'll be right there." "Well Chiron I must go, duty calls." "Of course Lord Kapnos." I left his office and went to the arena to tell Jacob goodbye.

I flashed to where the reapers have found the forge. "An underwater cave. That explains why no one as found it." I see a button on the wall with a sign above it that says "push for assistance." I pushed the button and it sounded like a doorbell, I chuckled a little and then there was a flash, I expected to see Hephaestus but instead it was Vulcan. "Who dares to invade my forge?" Wow he was way different than Hephaestus. I changed to my Roman form, I look the same just my eyes become darker and my personality changes. "Vulcan it's me Vocatus. Last time we met you knew me as Davy Jones." "Son of Letus?" "Yes Vulcan but Letus faded and I took over, these are my reapers, not unlike Diana's hunters, they are my followers and have my abilities in stealth and archery, they aid me in collecting souls for there are so many people in this world now." "What do you want?" "We came to ask if you would help us modify my old ship to make it fly and make it so to mortals it won't be there at all and unless something had Greek or Roman enchantments, anything passes through it as if it was a ghost ship." He switched to Hephaestus and Chiron was right that did look painful. I changed back as well, knowing if he saw me in my Roman form he may refuse. "Of course I'll help, hello reapers." "Hello lord Hephaestus." They all said. "We will help if needed." And we all began to work.