Chapter 34

Disclaimer: How I draw? HOW DO I DRAW

~~~

Thinking
Talking
Kurama
Talking to Kurama

~~~

The five of then raced through the trees, Kiba tracking Sasuke. "Hey." Shikamaru looked at him.

"What's up?" he asked.

"There's the scent of five nin, including Sasuke. They were fighting to others, but the six of them are getting away from the scent of blood." Kiba informed, and Shikamaru started to form a plan.

"I'll send a clone to the blood's location. Kiba, can you tell what their chakra looks like?" Rin asked.

"Four jounin, two injured."

"Damn. They must be strong. I doubt that their medical-nin can do much to heal the both of them." Summoning a clone, Rin sent her to the location before moving along with the others.

"Stop!" Shikamaru yelled suddenly, and Rin came to a halt.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Their stench is everywhere." Kiba said.

"There's also six explosive seals in the area." Neji informed. "We'll have to be on the ground."

~~~

Walking for a bit, Neji had spotted the nin, and Shikamaru made a plan. However, it failed, for they had more traps than expected. In the end, four of them left as one stayed behind to take care of his clay dome. Seeing as how Kiba was preparing for an attack, Neji stopped him. "Kiba, there's no use in using up our chakra. You're going to pass out before the rest of us because the dome is sucking it up." he explained.

'Kurama?' 'What's up?' 'How powerful is a bijuu-dama*?' 'Enough to kill all of you if you try inside that dome.' 'I know, but what if it was like a rasengan?' '...It would much stronger than a rasengan, but less than an actual bijuu-dama. Why?' Rin smirked. 'You'll see.'

"Neji, check the hole behind you and Kiba." Shikamaru said, and Rin smirked once more. 'So he knows already? That's our team leader.'

"I see." Neji mumbled.

"Choji, Rin, can you handle it?" Shikamaru asked, and they nodded.

"You first." Rin said, and Choji went through some handsigns.

"Nikudan Sensha!" he yelled, growing in size. Smashing into the wall, it was not enough to break it.

"Bijuu-dama!" Rin yelled, making a palm-sized bijuu-dama in her hand before smashing it into the wall.

Successfully breaking the wall, it was decided that Choji would fight their enemy as the others went on. "Good luck." Rin whispered to him before moving on. Running ahead, it was a few minutes as they travelled to Sasuke's chakra. As they were running, Shikamaru's eyes widened as he almost stopped. "You alright?" Rin softly asked.

"...Yeah."

"Don't worry. Choji's strong, I know it. He'll stay alive."

~~~

Their initial plan to trick the remaining three sound nin had failed, but they still had the slight advantage. Kidomaru, the nin with six arms, spat out a chakra laced web at Neji, trapping him in a cocoon before advancing on Rin, shooting a web beneath her. "Katon: Goukakuu no Jutsu!" she yelled, making some rapid handsigns before blowing a hot blast of fire from her mouth.