Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or its characters, for they belong to Kishimoto. If I did, Neji would have never died.

~~~

Thinking
Talking
Kurama
Speaking to Kurama

~~~

-Child Arc-

~~~

(Top picture is Rin. Just imagine her with Minato's eyes.)

My name is Rin Uzumaki-Namikaze, Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze's sole daughter. You could say that I was Kaa-san's twin, looking exactly the same as her, even with the red hair. The only difference was the bright cerulean eyes that I got from my father.

Having half of the kyuubi, or should I say, Kurama sealed inside of me, I had an immense amount of chakra and exceptional chakra control. My chakra natures were fire, wind (thanks to Kurama), water and lightning. Due to this, the Third Hokage, my adopted grandfather, had managed to contact my godfather Jiraiya for the key to my seal after seeing that I was a prodigy, easily doing anything he told me to.

After obtaining the key, I was sent to Kumogakure when I was 6 with a few ANBU to the Waterfall of Truth, where Gyūki's jinchuuriki, Killer Bee taught me to control Kurama. After playing Tug-of-War with his chakra, gaining his trust, and meeting my mother, I had perfect control. Me and Kurama were quite the tag team.

I was currently reading a scroll on medical ninjutsu when Kurama contacted me.

'Oi, brat. You should probably get to the academy now. It's almost 8:30.' Kurama told me.

'Crap! Thanks for reminding me about it Kurama-nii!' I answered and grabbed my bag, putting the scroll in it for future reading and grabbing everything I needed. I ran out the door before locking it and running to the academy.

~~~

I panted, my hands on my knees in front of my classroom door. 'Y'know kit, you could have just hiraishined to the door.' Kurama told me, and I mentally facepalmed. 

Stupid stupid stupid.' I answered before entering the door.

"I'm sorry if I'm late Iruka-sensei! I was too caught up on reading a medical ninjutsu scroll." I told the academy teacher, Iruka Umino.

"That's fine Rin. You're just on time. Take a seat so we can get started."

I walked over to my seat at the back, hung my bag on my chair, and rested my head on my arms as I droned out Iruka's lecture on chakra. I was a prodigy anyways, so I didn't need to know this again.

~~~

"Rin!" I heard and shot up.

"Yes, Iruka-sensei?" I yelled, slightly drowsy from my nap.

"I asked you a question, so can you please answer it?"

I rubbed my eyes to get the sleepiness out, yawning. "I'm sorry Iruka-sensei, but I seem to have not heard it. Would you please repeat the question?" I asked.

"Of course. Could you please tell me the five main chakra natures?'

Whispers filled the room. " Do you think she'll know? She was napping the whole time!" one said.

"Duh, she's the top of the class, of course she'll know." someone hissed back.

I cleared my throat, stood up, and gave my answer. "There's Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, and Earth. There are many others too like Yin, Yang, Magma, Steam, and a few more." I gave my smart answer as my classmates were puzzled at the extras I added.

"I didn't know there was more!"

"I've never heard of Yin, Yang, Magma and Steam style before."

"I wonder who has these kinds of chakra natures..." they whispered to each other, and I smirked at my classmates cluenessless as I sat back down.

Iruka however, merely smiled for he knew of how I was a smart kid for my age. "Thank you Rin. Now we will move onto basic ninjutsu and what they do." Iruka explained to the class, and I once again went to sleep.

~~~

I was woken up by the bell.

"Now class, after lunch we'll be doing targets and sparring!" Iruka yelled before my classmates ran out. Grabbed my lunch that I packed, tonkatsu with rice, sliced cabbage, and miso soup, I took my medical ninjutsu scroll, and opened it, putting it to the side so I could read it while eating.

'Medical Ninjutsu is used to heal peoples wounds using chakra.' 'Yeah, already know that.'

'In order to become a skilled medical nin, you must learn the anatomy of the human body and have good chakra control to properly heal most wounds and injuries.' 'Already know about that and I have good chakra control.'

'To heal someone, channel your chakra into your hands and keep a steady flow while hovering above the wound.' 'Simple.'

'To extract poison, you must get a certain liquid. If the poison is covering their liver, cut a slit big enough and using your chakra, lift the liquid and insert it through the slit. Using the liquid, carefully gather the poison into it and take it out using the slit. Repeat until there is either no more poison or most of it is removed. Best to dose patient with sleeping drug or hold them down for the process is very painful.' 'Helpful. I could use this sometime.'

I was about to continue on when the bell rang, so I put everything away and waited for Iruka to come.

~~~

Later chapters will be longer than this, but I wanted the first chapter to be simple.

~~~

Edited on June 30th, 2016.