Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or it's characters. They belong to Kishimoto. The music I used is called Having Lived from the game To The Moon. It's a fantastic game made from an RPG maker, 10.99$ on Steam, if you have Desura, an emulator, you can play the 1 hour demo if you download Desura first. It's cheaper on Steam than on Desura if you want the full version.

~~~

Thinking
Talking
Kurama
Talking to Kurama

~~~

RECAP

Looking at my surroundings, I found a piece of paper on the floor. Walking over, I bent down and picked it up. Carefully opening it, I read what was inside.

'To whoever is reading this,

this paper has my chakra embedded inside of it. It will choose if you are worthy enough to keep my secret and that I can trust you. If it doesn't, then the paper with turn to ashes now. If you are still reading this, then you are to be trusted. What I am about to tell you is the true story of the massacre.'

~~~

I gasped. I was worthy enough to be trusted? I folded the paper back and quickly left the compound, for this was not for anyone else. I ran back to my apartment and shut myself inside, making sure that there was no way anyone could see the paper. Sitting on my bed, I continued to read.

(Start music here!)

'The massacre was planned by Danzo Shimura, the Elders, and partly the Hokage. This was because my clan was going to do a coup d'etat and try to take over Konoha. I had the choice of either siding wiht my clan or the village.

I chose the village.

In order to stop the coup, I had to kill the entire clan, including my beloved little brother, but protested. I couldn't kill him. In the end, we made a deal. I had to killed the entire clan, but I could save Sasuke.

My friend and cousin, Shisui had knew about the coup, so he was also trying to stop it. However, during a fight, Danzo had managed to take his left eye. The night before the massacre. he met me on the cliff, a river underneath, and gave me his right eye, for Danzo would try to take it. Filled with sorrow, I accepted it and placed it in a crow. Giving me his suicide note, he jumped off the cliff, killing himself.

As I was going back, I was encountered by a man in a mask. He said that his name was Madara, and he had said that he would help me with the killings. I could kill whoever I wanted to kill, and he would get the rest.

...I agreed to that. I didn't have the heart to kill them all.

The next night, while Sasuke was out, I started. I chose to kill the elders and my parents. I had easily killed the elders, but when I approached my parents, sword out, I froze.

"Itachi. It's okay. We knew this would happen. You were always such a good boy." my mother said. "We've always loved you."

"Son... I'm sorry for putting you through this. Even though we've argued multiple times, I've always been proud of you." my father confessed.

"Both your father and I have our last words planned out. Don't be afraid. We know you did this for a purpose." my mother said soothingly.

"We love you both very much Itachi." they said in unison.

"Tou-san... Kaa-san..." I whispered.

"Thank you." I clenched my sword and ran my mother through the back, same with my father as tears rolled down my eyes. I quickly wiped them away, for I sensed Sasuke's chakra. When he arrived, I told him how I did it to test my power, and how he doesn't have enough hate inside of him. I quickly left the village.

Here I am, in Mizu no Kuni*, at an Akatsuki hideout, writing this. I am still loyal to Konoha, relaying information to Jiraiya the Toad Sage, one of the legendary sannin. Whoever is reading this, if you somehow see me, I will ask you who you are. Respond to me with the phrase, 'A man who is evil will bathe in his sins'. This way I will know who you are. As for my appearance... look in the bingo book.

Until next time, Itachi Uchiha.'

I sat there. All of my questions were answered in one letter. "I-I can't believe it. I knew he was innocent." Kurama growled. 'Danzo Shimura, huh? I knew that bastard was up to no good. When can we kill him?' Kurama asked.

'In all due time, when I'm stronger. Then we can kill the b***h, together.'

~~~

*Mizu no Kuni = Land of Water

~~~

Yes, I know, the letter is still way off plot, and that most of the info is wrong. A, I just searched through my brain, and B, I was too lazy to search it up. Next chapter will probably be the genin test, and hopefully the bell test.