Chapter 15

3rd person PoV

Yasu was being dragged by Jeff to the elevator while Yasu was still fuming at what Ricky and Aiden said.

Jeff pressed the button and the elevator door opened. He carefully pulled Yasu in behind him as he goes in.

"Yasu, snap out of it," Jeff said shaking Yasu after he pressed the lobby button.

"Oh, sorry Jeff."

"That's the Yasu I know and love,"Jeff smiles and brings Yasu into a hug. He kisses her on the forehead and says,"How did you eat before this?"

"I don't know what you mean by that." Yasu says while leaning towards Jeff's face. She whispered into his ear,"There are cameras in here."

Jeff nods and the elevator dings and the doors open. Jeff follows Yasu out the building.

"Hey Jeff, there are some people fighting to the west of here. Let's go check it out." Yasu says.

Yasu starts running before Jeff could answer.

"Yasu, wait up," Jeff calls out, running after Yasu.

Ricky's PoV

I don't know why but my heart felt as if something went through it when I saw Yasu with that person.

I twist and turn on my bed to try to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

"Hey, are you guys asleep?" Aiden says in the dark room.

"No," I answer at the same time as Erik.

"I need to tell you guys something."

"What is it?" Erik says while sitting up

"That person Yasu is with. I've seen him before. It was about 3 years ago, but he was the one that killed my neighbors."

I sit up and look at Aiden.

"He was laughing as he stabbed and killed them. I called the police but he escaped."

"Are you sure he is the same person?" Erik asks.

"It's very likely. I saw his face and they both have smiles carved into their face."

"Yasu can protect herself, so don't worry," I say lying back down.

I close my eyes. The other two keeps on talking, but I slowly let sleep consume me.

Aiden's PoV

Ricky is acting a bit different. Normally he would joke around with me but today he just fell asleep. I wonder what's wrong.

I ask Erik,"Do you notice anything different about Ricky?"

Erik nods.

"Well, it's late and we should go to bed."

Erik nods again.

I turn over to my right side and I fall into the darkness.

Erik's PoV

Yasu's ankle shouldn't have healed that quickly. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

I get out of bed exit the room. I slowly close the door behind me and I go down to the ground floor. I head to the only place I know on the ground floor. I look in to see the doctor sitting behind a desk, organizing papers and typing on the computer.

The doctor looks up and asks me,"Do you need help?"

I nod and say,"Do you have a computer I can use? "

The doctor says,"Why do you need it?"

"I need to search a database."

She hands me a laptop and says,"you can use the table over there."

I nod and I go to the table. I turn the laptop on and go to the state's criminal records.

Yasu's PoV

I go to see the group of people fighting and figure out that they are the two well-known gangs that are known for fighting each other. Also known as the Doom Bringing Monkeys and the Demon Spiders.

I shout out to them,"You guys better stop fighting or there are going to be deaths,"

One of them shouts back,"Who are you to tell us to stop fighting, little girl?"

"Someone that can very much beat all of you with me,"Jeff shouts out.

"We are going to take that as a challenge," a person from the other gang says.

The leader-like people from both groups steps away from the main group and says to each other and whispers to each other.

They face their own groups and say,"We are going to team up with the other group just for this."

There are cheers and disappointments scattered across the group.

The two leader says,"Attack," as if they were in a war.

The groups merge into one and runs towards me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jeff moving forward, preparing to attack. I look back and say,"Relax, I got this." while smiling.

Jeff drops his arm but is still on high alert. I turn back to the group.

They attack me all at once, but I use my kagune to knock every single one of them unconscious except the leaders.

I grab them with my kagune and Jeff walks up from behind me.

He placed his arm on my shoulder and asks,"Are you okay?"

I look at him, smile and say,"I'm fine."I face the two leaders and say,"You two will go and tell your leaders not to fight on these streets anymore. If he asks who said that, say it was Taya."

They got up and scrambled away before I even got to say any thing else. I turn around to see Jeff with a what just happened face.

"I earned quite the reputation around here." I say.

"I can tell."

"Those two gangs, though. Their leaders won't be too happy about this. I'm going to go and break their gangs apart before they can get to me." I get ready to go when Jeff stops me.

"Wait, you're leaving me out of all of the action? That isn't fair, you know."

"Hehe, sorry," I scratch the back of my head and then continue,"Let's go!!!"

I lead us both to the outside of the Doom Bringing Monkey gang base, which was a small house at the edge of the city. I look back to tell Jeff what we are going to do only to find air in that space. I look in front of me to see Jeff stealthily going into an open window. I sigh slightly and follow him.

We have met again. We even defeated an entire gang together. Is this what they call love?

°•○●○•(^-^)•○●○•°

Quick note.

This story is going to end soon.