Prom!

"Ariana Lyle and Jacob Perez." Ari told the lady by the main door with a clipboard.

"Have fun Ari. Nice to meet you Jake." She touched my shoulder while we walked past.

"Who was that?"

"Ms. Mitchell my guidance counselor. She like loves you."

"Really? Why?"

"Because she knows you were there for me throughout the Cancer."

"Oh."

She looped her arm through mine and smiled. "This is ganna be a happy night ok. Where we make new memories, not talk about old ones."

"Yes ma'am!" I laughed.

We stepped through the open doors and were confronted with a woman and a camera.

"Strike a pose!" The woman behind the camera told us.

I stood behind Ari and crossed my arms over her.

"On the count of three say 2013!"

"2013!" We both shouted.

"Come by before the prom is over for your pictures."

"Ok." Ari told her.

"Ahhh Ariana!" Lia screamed.

Lia took her hand and spun Ari. "Well don't you look hot chica!?"

She really did. I wore a normal black and white suit, and she wore a tight knee length black dress with a white bow on the back and deep v-neck in the front.

"You clean up good as well Jacob."

I bowed and smiled at her. "I like your dress."

"Thanks. Now lets have the..." She turned around and pointed to a silver banner hanging between two sculputres of city buildings. "Night of our dreams!"

"Ari you did amazing decorating!" I told her.

Shiny stars hung from all over the ceiling, and there were huge lights surrounding the dance floor.

"Thank you!" She replied.

We all pushed through the crowd of people and found a spot to dance in. Ari and Lia danced together and me and her date Seth stood close to them making small talk. I asked him about college, he asked me about the group and if we were all staying together after we graduated. I told him yes, but honestly didn't know. All of us knew Prod wanted to go to college.

"You got a hotel room?" Seth asked me.

"No... should I have?"

"Oh." He shrugged. "Ari told me you guys weren't coming to ours, I assumed it was because you wanted your own." He winked and nudged my arm.

"Oh, well I don't think so. She never mentioned it." I informed him.

I never even thought tonight could be about THAT, I'd never...pressure Ariana in that way and I was glad she hadn't gotten a hotel room.

"Last song of the night! I wanna see all the couples on the dance floor!" The DJ shouted into his microwave.

I was sitting at a table with Ari and her friends eating cake, we got bored after Vanessa and her boyfriend were crowned Prom King and Queen.

"Ariana, may I have this dance?" I stood up and asked her.

Her favorite song began to play, Honeymoon Avenue by Ariana Grande.

"I would love to dance sir." Ari laughed and grabbed the hand I held out to her.

We danced close together, her chin rested on my shoulder and I rested my head against hers. It was sad to be dancing so close and slow with her because I knew I would never have the opportunity again. She'd be graduating next week and then leaving to New York.

"I love you." Her whisper pulled me away from my thoughts.

"I love you more Ariana." I whispered back to her.

"I hope that never changes."

"Not even with time."

What I said was true, I would always love Ari, she was my first love. No other girl has even come close to making me feel like Ari has, no matter how long we were apart my love for her would stay strong. I felt Ari pull away and I looked at her. She was smiling but her smile seemed so...painful. She was also realizing how soon she would be gone. Completely gone.